If the Org. confessed they were not God's org. Would you still be there and was that the main reason you stayed

by tor1500 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOR:

Aside from the ups and downs in life and the death of loved ones, I'm fairly happy and content....Nobody is ecstatic in this world. Look at all the Witnesses on antidepressants. They don't ALL have a natural chemical imbalance.

I also agree with you that none of us knows how long we will be here. I went to a wake recently for an older JW...Even though it was nice to see and chat with Witnesses I had not seen in fifteen years and who I actually liked, I was GLAD to leave...None of these people had my circumstances and they could never relate to anything I experienced in the religion or elsewhere . I would simply be talking to the wall.

You could go on and on saying this is "God's organization". It's your opinion...Many on this forum would disagree with you.

But, I wish you the best.

• Magnum
    Magnum

deleted - double post

• Magnum
    Magnum

Coincidental that you posted this. I was literally a few minutes ago (5?) discussing something similar with my wife before I opened this site and saw your post. I was telling her that I feel that a lot of JWs, especially those who knew the older JWdom, know something is wrong, but hang around because they still think the org is chosen by God. I told her that they think of the old days when there was deeper literature, when the oracle (F Franz) was still around, when JWdom seemed bold and dignified, when there was excitement in the air, etc. They remember all that and they excuse the flaws and what JWdom has become today because they attribute such to the org's being run by flawed men, to Jah's allowing mistakes, testing, etc.*

So, I think the only thing that keeps some of the smarter, more knowledgeable old-timers around is that they do think it's still God's org even though there's a lot wrong. If they were told directly that their org is not God's one and only, then I don't see why they'd stay. However, some are so deluded and so reluctant to give up their cherished hope that they might not believe it if the GB put it in print; they might reason that the current GB had gone rogue and that God will fix the situation in due time ("wait on Jehovah").

*I even had feelings like that at times. However, what I told my wife is that if one were to examine the older JWdom, he should see that even though the look and feel of JWdom was different then, it was wrong even then. The org itself has sort of indirectly indicated that. It has basically abandoned the old, deeper Franz books and Franz's types/antitypes. All the predictions from the old JWdom have failed. The Creation book and the Trinity brochure were fraudulent. The old blue Evolution book stole material from Creationists. The Two Babylons, which the org published was shown to be flawed, etc.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

I'm not saying this is God's org...I don't think God is partial that way....well maybe the Jews. What I was asking ex-JW's and current JW's if the org. said it would you stay...I'm saying I feel & it's just my opinion but when talking to my congregation, that's their claim to fame...that reply comes out way before they say it's the Truth.

I don't think it's God's org. because, they claim they are guided by the Holy Spirit...can't be....the Holy Spirit is never wrong....the reason they have to turn on so many NEW LIGHTS is when this religion got started they wanted to be so far away from other religions...they dug too deep...back in the day when folks couldn't read to well, they could say anything, & who would say they were wrong....they must be right because I can't read. New Lights are just scriptures they misinterpreted to not be like other churches...so instead of saying...we messed up...New Light...

So again, I don't believe this is God's org, but I do think many wear it like a badge of honor.

Some commented on why folks stay here or there...& that's a good point..we all have our reasons why we do what we do....

I currently am a witness I see everything that all of you see, I agree with most if not all on this site...I'm not mad at the org....I have good sense and I can read...I would do my studies then come to the hall & they would explain & I would say, ummm, that's not what the scripture said, & that's not what God nor Jesus said. I can't be angry with an org that told me & I knew it wasn't right ....but didn't want to make no waves....& it's alright to disagree, but keep it to yourself, ain't no place of worship where you gonna agree with all they say....I am saying these things to folks who still believe in God but not the org. Many don't believe in God, but they believe in something....man has to believe in something....The Sandman, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Guardian Angels, etc....that's how we are made...

I can't rightly say how and why I'm a witness...but I do know if I'm not supposed to be there....in time I'll be gone..

So to make myself clear, I don't believe this is God's org...& I ask questions to make us all think and take a look at ourselves instead of always blaming something outside ourselves....I don't come on this site to debate nor to exercise great writing skills....I'm just real and call it like I see it..

One big issue I have amongst others with the org...DF'd.....how can a person turn love off and on like that...how can you shun your own children and not talk to them.....how can a mother carry a child in her belly all that time, nurture them & just because that child doesn't worship like you, you would turn your back on them....what kind of mother is that ? Or should I say parent....if a parent can do that....that just tells you they don't love you..so all you can do is try to move on...the world and the folks out there are great.....

The best thing one can do when leaving the org...is don't prove them right....be a decent person. Don't let them have that.

Tor

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Magnum,

I was commenting while you were posting.... I strongly feel that many are just there because they THINK AND WERE TOLD that it was God's org. I feel that's the staying point most have...not saying all...thanks for replying...

We know the org is flawed and the Top guys know we know....but they will still keep cranking out that literature...I'm just glad you agree....but even if no one agrees that some do stay because of the honor of being in God's org...they think...God don't need no org...

Tor

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

If the Organization is not favored by Jehovah, then why would you stay? There are plenty of religious groups that believe in good morals and caring for others. Without their claim of being the only true faith, why wouldn't you switch to a group that was not so judgmental and often cruel. If no denominations are perfect, why not belong to one that makes you happy. If Jehovah is a "happy God" why wouldn't he want you to be happy too?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOR:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but your writing in previous posts wasn't clear to me.

Your above post makes your thoughts more understandable. You are correct that if they had Holy Spirit there would be no mistakes.

I also think that some JWs think it's "God's org" because of the divine name. But, THEY took this name!!! Some JWs would never leave no matter how wrong or how many scandals. Jesus could come smashing through the walls on a wrecking ball and they wouldn't leave.

I agree with you about DF'd and how unnatural to turn affection on and off like a light switch. I always felt that nobody was going to legislate who I speak to. Witnesses think they are going to tell you who you should and should not associate with. I wasn't buying this even back in the day when I was a "believer".

Good luck and Peace.

• tor1500
    tor1500

LonghairGal,

No problem, sometimes things do get lost in translation. I can sometime be too wordy just to say something simple.. You are so right Jesus could make an appearance and say he never came down in 1918 or 1919 to inspect no religion let alone only JW's...they wouldn't leave....

I'm a believer but not of the God man says he is ....Man has no idea what God is all about...He wants us to take care of one another...if I was a witness when you were a witness what God would have wanted me to do was to be there for you while the friends were not too nice to you.

As you said some JW's think it's God's org., because of the devine name, but they took this name...exactly...it wasn't like God gave them an engagement ring and said take my name...that's what I mean they wear being in God's org., like a badge of honor like a woman who just got a big diamond....and tell the world...she is going to have a huuuuuuuuusband & from now on she will be carrying his name...

I don't allow them to tell me who or who not to talk to....I have been told that when I became a witness I would have to get rid of my worldly friends...I said why and of course they gave me the JW's dribble...I said, well, I don't mean to be rude, but they didn't keep me from becoming a witness so why would you think if I'm still their friend they would take me out..now I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I'm just saying...but what would take me out of the witnesses are witnesses themselves....their mouths were left open...I like to do those type of things...

I hope we talk again....I wish you the best in this life...and don't let anyone steal your joy.

Tor

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had my doubts about the organization for a decade before I left. I stayed because I was sure God put me there, that it was God's organization.

No way I would have stayed if they admitted the truth. Same for most JW's, even hardcore ones.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi On the Way out,

Thanks for admitting it...not saying that is why most are there but I think that's one of the main reasons..even though as you say you had doubts....As you say if they told the truth...you would have gone...& I believe that most would leave if that would happen....I think this question makes some uncomfortable...they don't want to admit who they were before they learned TTATT...they don't want to admit they were full of pride not because they knew the bible, who could know the bible the way the witnesses teach it....today's truth is tomorrows un-truth....so the pride would not come from knowing the scriptures....the pride was they belonged to God's org. & many looked down on others that were not JW's. So many are angry with the org., when in truth be angry with yourself for how you allowed someone to tell you how to treat others....when you knew deep down inside that's not right....

I remember the org. told of many who left because Russell died...so who were they following man or the bible...

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit