Good memories of full-time service?

by fulano 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• rickroll
    rickroll

It depends on who I was with, if it was super elder and sister it was shit, but when me and the guys went out and went to the mall it was great fun.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Good memories of full-time service?

Not one, I'm afraid. Even when I 'pioneered(tm)', it was austere and hopeless.

I found the door knocking and 'incidental witnessing(tm)' highly embarrassing and time wasting.

The amount of good TV, good sex and good living I missed out on because of the 'ministry(tm)'. I have no love for the Governing Body (Piss be unto them).

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Good memories of the congregation I moved to when I left home to pioneer at nineteen. They were very kind to me, looked after me, inviting me for meals. For the first time I felt like I mattered to someone.

The day I left home my brother and sister went out for the day, didn't see me off. I guess I was glad to get away from my crazy dysfunctional family. I wonder about that lovely congregation, did some of them leave, I hope so.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

Pioneered in the SE USA because it was a requirement to go into the circuit work.

No good memories other than the narcissistic ones that accompanied being a CO brown nosing, spiritual lobotamy giving, pedophile protector.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

One of the best parts of Pioneering was that I could count time doing RBC (which I loved) instead of knocking on doors.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

RBC?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Regional Building Committee - Building or refurbing Kingdom Halls.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

YES!

All those wonderful memories of helping others to join god's only true religion!

How we would bring people into the fold. Studying with them and helping them to realize what god expects from them.....molding them into good Nazis Jehovah Witnesses.

So that years latter your bible studies would have no problem standing by and letting their own children die because of a lack of a blood transfusion,

Or better yet, teaching them importance of shunning their own children and family members, so that maybe their gay child might commit suicide because of all the guilt and pain this religion has created.

As one Nazis solider said looking back on his life, "We use to take the old ladies boots and tie them around their throats and shoot them with our lugars.... those were the fun times!"

Yes, the GOOD memories of full time service. Spreading our filth and contamination everywhere.....those were the fun times indeed!

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Who has good memories of Bethel?..." - Fulano

I absolutely hated almost every waking second of my Bethel experience! The place was loaded with back stabbing, throat slitting, ladder climbing, hypocritical, boot licking, sycophantic, corporate stooges that were merely god intoxicated religious fanatics. That being said, I met some of the finest human beings I have ever come in contact with in my life at Bethel. Phil Wilcox and Ray Erickson were good and true men caught up in the movement. And I met some truly wonderful 'sisters' from around the country that probably would have made excellent marriage partners for me if I had only been mentally and emotionally prepared to meet their needs. (Of course, I didn't believe the Watchtower Dogma even when I was a Bethelite and so it would have been unfair for me to mislead a potential marriage partner into thinking that I was a real Jehovah's Witness.) The salad and the vegetables were a highlight for me at mealtimes. Other than these positive experiences, I would just as soon forget the whole damn Bethel portion of my life. But of course, our lives don't work that way...we go to our graves carrying the good and the bad.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I really enjoyed regular pioneering! I was getting 90 hours a month while in high school. I met some great people and Made great friends…

I went to awesome Jehovah’s Witness gatherings!

I almost married a woman from Pioneer school!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit