Where is the best comprehensive NWT error list?

by Jake101 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jake101
    Jake101

Hi

While there are many excellent web sites that explain a few JW NWT bible translation problems, are there any comprehensive lists of NWT scripture errors online please?

Thanks

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I don't know whether or not you've heard of jwfacts.com or towerwatch.com. Both helpful sites.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There are none. You must remember that theologically the NWT and JWs are correct.

The problem with JWs is not their theology, it is their control and their being cult-like.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The "older" ones here (I guess I fall into that category having now reached the big 60), remember when we had a paper-thin 3 or 4 page thing that we glued into our NWT's. It had the NWT rendering of a scripture in one column, the Authorized Version in another, and the Catholic Douay in another (I think they are the two other ones).

You used to use that when you were placing the NWT, typically in January if I remember correctly. It was to show how good the NWT was compared to the others.

I just remember a scripture in 1 Corinthians (I think) where the other versions said "everything sold in a shambles" and the NWT used the word "meat market" instead of shambles.

We used that, and other verses, to show how much better the NWT was and then hoped to place a bible.

Wow, that was a long time ago.

Rub a Dub

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The problem with Jehovah's Witnesses includes their heretical soteriology....totally unbiblical injection of an organization and its leadership's dictstes into the the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no salvation outside of the organization.

• BelisemDeBelimakom
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank you for the articles BDB. Excellent resources.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ron Rhodes also has a wonderful website.

Reasoning from the Scriptures Ministries.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

are there any comprehensive lists of NWT scripture errors online

The problem is much different than listing NWT errors. Translating ancient texts from the copies of copies of copies (etc.) allows for many errors to be unproven as such. The error is mostly in interpretation and application of your version.

Plus, one could list the same type of errors about any translation of the Bible.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

To be fair it seems Evangelical and celebrity scholars condemned the NWT because of conservative and Evangelical beliefs. It becomes a sort of tagiya when you dont express clearly that the nwt translation of John 1:1 is grammatically possible but go against what you believe the Bible overall teaches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit