How did Adam know what a sword was?

by phoenixrising 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

So if the bible is the inspired word of god and I don't believe it is by any stretch, how did Adam when he was kicked out of the garden of Eden know what a spinning sword was? did Adam invent swords? More bible non sense garbage.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The comonly used logic is that Moses was inspired when he wrote that passage. He knew what a sword was and thus was able to say that it was a sword.

That logic still doesn't make sense as this would mean that God invented the sword before the humans did. What would be the purpose of a sword in the spirit world?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The loving god jehober created not only the first weapon, a simple sword, he created a weapon of mass destruction a flaming spinning blade!

just saying!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What people should accept upon the basis of intellectually honesty is the bible has a lot of fictional mythology in it mixed with real occurring events.

• tiki
    tiki

The answer my friend..is spinning in the wind....

Chances are we may never know the answer to this confounding query...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Sola Scriptura is a plague brought on to us by Martin Luther in 1517AD. The book of Genesis is mostly allegorical. Unless you understand Hebrew and ancient Hebrew culture, an accurate reading of Genesis is near impossible.

7 creative days - allegorical

Adam & Eve - allegorical (the name "Adam" in Hebrew translates into "Man". Literally "Man and Woman" and not "Adam and Eve".)

Noah's Flood - a flood did happen, but it was local and not global

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Propably because he had obtained knowledge of good and evil. He was of course not created perfect as JWs say. He was created to fail in the way of experience what life was without God thinking for him. It is a metaphor for what we all go through in the potter's shop 🤭🙁

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Truth, very good but I think the flood is allegorical too

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The oldest sword ever found is about 3300 B.C.

No flood,even a local one, happened at the time the Bible places the Flood of the Noah Story.

The Bible is over 90% fiction.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Adam did not write the Bible. The Hebrew word simply means cutting instrument. I doubt God is subject to human development of swords 🤭

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit