How did Adam know what a sword was?

by phoenixrising 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

JoenB75:

I believe there was a great flood in the area of the world we now call Turkey about the time that people believe the Biblical flood took place. The name of the event eludes me at the moment, but it would seem that the flood myth's of the ancient world may have been based on this real event.

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

The bible is a fictional book

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Truth be known, yes there were literal floods and they surely had some bearing on the story. But if local flood, why did God not say leave these lands like in the exodus? I think context points to a global flood in this allegory but I respect the endevours of the local flood thinking

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The flaming sword still exists and it revolves with astonishing speed somewhere in the middle east. Have faith.

• waton
    waton

:like science fiction writers of today, bible contributors were clever.

what great symbolism of an automatic , nearly invisible, invincible barrier. now:

add the detail that a sword is also defined as a foil, airfoil, and the prospect of being blown away from, or sucked into the cucumber slicer, would make you keep your distance.

A contemporary human, Cain, had to use a far blunter instrument.

• TD
    TD

What is a sword if not a cutting instrument adapted for use as a weapon?

The problem is not the terminology. The problem is the introduction of the concept of weapons to humans.

Was passiert ist absehbar...

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I throw in the suggestion that the angels had merch that Moses would later identify as a sword. But since it is a symbolic account recorded by Moses, I dont think real time matters 😁. The sword symbolises the separation from God just like in Luke 16 and making necessary the ransom at-one-ment

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

He got it up his ass when he got kicked out of He-den!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

After wondering where they got the Iron Ore to make the steel and how he even knew what steel was made from, Adam's first thought after seeing the spinning sword was "boy...one of those thingies would sure make shaving and haircuts easier".

Eve first thought was " I could slice a whole lot of apples if I had one of those".

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Adam didn`t know what a sword was that was Moses interpretation of that event centuries later ,if you believe the Bible that is.

That`s one invention mankind hasn`t acheived yet a Flaming Sword .LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit