Scripture fatigue

by New day 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Divergent
    Divergent

I always wondered if the Bible was really inspired of God, couldn't he have done a better job? Why on earth does everything have to be so confusing & complicated? Why the heck do we have to flip all over the place, looking for scriptures here & there, when the Bible could have been arranged in a more logical way? Why is it so difficult to use the Bible to explain / defend our faith? Why are there so many inconsistencies & controversies in the Bible? Why do God's laws & standards change from time to time in the Bible? Why are Bible "prophecies" vague & unconvincing? Why do people get stumbled by reading the Bible? Why is it so easy to challenge & dispute the Bible? Why does reading the Bible result in more than 40,000 Christian denominations? What's the point of having an "inspired" book when even Christians themselves can't make sense of it???

If I was a loving God writing a book that is to serve as a guide for my children whom I deeply treasure, I would write it in such a way that it is logical, uncomplicated, clear, concise, convincing, conclusive, straight to the point, leaving no room for any misinterpretation, dispute, or doubt!

Read this & form your own conclusions

• WireRider
    WireRider

People should not blame/resent God for what the Watchtower has always done to co-opted the idea.

The Watchtower uses religion very specifically to rob/steal/trick/con people.

The strange thing is that is started so long ago with devious intentions, that those currently in charge now actually naively believe what they were taught.... They patients are now running the asylum and they seem to really believe it. It is now only brainwashing run amok.

It's 2015. They are still quoting very specifically versus from 0 - BC/AD. Times have changed. Keeping everyone shackled by archaic writings is just wrong.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Repitition for emphasis" = "reinforcement of conditioning"...
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Have you ever notice that most of the scriptures they use to support the idea of a Paradise Earth are either from Revelation, which is not literal, or from scriptures directed towards the nation of Israel? If this hope is so sure why is that almost all of the NT is about a heavenly class and the earthly one is not even mentioned?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    It's 2015.

You're right, it is. Pick up a copy of On The Origin of Species.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    This scripture at James 1:27 is a "proof text" that that is too often used to 'warn' dubs about need to remain separate from the 'world'. "True Christians" are not part of this world. (Disregard the portion that mentions taking care of the orphans and widows.)
    27 "The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world."
    just saying!eyeuse2badub
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The Bible is like a prisoner, the more you torture it it's going to tell you whatever you want to hear. Witnesses are great at this. Religion tried to hijack morals with their abrahamic sacred texts and that is not good for humanity.
  • freemindfade
  • Bugbear
    Bugbear

Yes reading the same scriptures over and over again, makes you brainwashed. Your brain will be unable to connect any other brain cells, then those already used in your Bible reading. This is a well-known method used by many totalitarian, (political, religious) organizations, to trap their members in a box. Then discourage them to look in other directions (education), makes it even mora difficult to break the barrier and actually understand things the way they really are. Frightening …..

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit