Prince's recent passport pik!

by fulltimestudent 40 Replies latest social current

• dugout
    dugout

mike did not get disfellow he disassociated himself......Oh I forgoti same thing.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The GB of today are a different proposition to those of the early 80's...I don't believe a gold apple watch would have turned old Freddie's eye...
  • brandnew
    brandnew

Soooo if ol Hugh Hefner became a jw, would that make it jw legal to buy playboys? 😈

Mad Puppy

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    • sir82 : Generally true, but Michael Jackson did get DF'ed in the 80's
    • Back in the day, I was told by an ex-missionary (who maintained links with Brooklyn) that MJ had confessed to screwing a 'girl' on the back seat of his Rolls Royce (grin - I'm trying to imagine the scene), and that it was because MJ wanted out.
    • Impossible to verify, of course. But that's the story. In the light of subsequent knowledge it may be difficult to imagine that the story is true. But maybe MJ made it up, because he did want out.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Soooo if ol Hugh Hefner became a jw, would that make it jw legal to buy playboys?

Playboy is no nudity now, I'm sure you can buy them anytime and remain in good standing.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

glad someone else posted this. Prince also performed his risque song "Little Red Corvette" just a few days ago too, a song he stopped performing when he converted.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/17/prince-tribute-vanity

I think he is no longer a JW now, too. at least not in the normal sense.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

The more I learn about Prince Rogers Nelson, the more I wonder about the definition of eccentric.

From there, if you are wealthy, your mental health is treated much differently from the average Joe.

Ain't it all a blip?

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

P.S. RIP Vanity.

"it's ALL vanity and a striving after the wind..."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This article was 2 years ago

Not recent, for what I've seen and heard from the guy, just dropped out or faded most likely.

I doubt his elevated ego or person self stature would fit to be subservient and be controlled by other men.

He's far too much into himself as androgynous rock star celebrity.

Theses kinds of personalities and character rarely conform to rigid conservatism like what is seen in the JW religion.

Prince: Balancing Faith and Stardom

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

blondie - "There are different rules for celebrity JWs..."

If that ain't a celebrity-sized red flag, nothin' is.

I swear, Prince becoming a JW has (retroactively) become one of the funniest goddamn things in recent history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit