We are like pet dogs that run off with wild dogs...

by dubstepped 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

...and need a bullet to the head. My wife found a post on Instagram where some JW nutter claims that either Lett or Morris said this in a talk.

Any confirmation or video of such? Did I miss it somewhere on here?

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I have seen nothing of the sort. Probably anecdotal......although something similar probably would come out of his mouth with ease.

• steve2
    steve2

I don't believe it at all. Isn't it interesting all the unsubstantiated claims about what this brother or that brother said and it turns out to be untrue. Besides, if it were said, the reference to 'needing a bullet in the head' is surely reportable as unbridled hate speech.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Full story:

A farmer had a pet dog who despite being well cared for was envious of the freedom enjoyed by the wild dogs outside his farm. They often invited him to join their pack but he refused, saying that he had a duty towards his master. One day, after another encounter with the wild dogs, curiosity got the better of him and he decided to join them to see how life would be like in the wild. Well, it was really fun at first! They ran around freely without a care in the world, doing whatever they wanted, even raiding farms and killing the livestock there for food. One day, he ran with the pack and somehow ended up outside his former home. Seeing many chickens there, the greedy dog pack decided to raid the farm and carry away as many chickens as they could. Although feeling guilty, this dog wanted to prove himself to the pack and joined in the raid on his former master's farm. As the dogs ran in to attack the chickens, there was a sudden burst of gunfire and this dog was hit by one of the shots. As he lay critically injured and dying on the ground, he saw his former master walking towards him. "Why... oh why did you shoot me??", he cried. "Didn't you know it was me???" Looking down at the dirty and unkempt dog, the farmer said: "Sorry boy, but I just didn't recognise you"

Moral of the story: If we succumb to peer pressure and the temptations of the world, we may end up suffering a similar fate — being destroyed at Armageddon because God no longer recognises us

Having being in the audience and personally hearing this story being related from the platform on several notable occasions (assemblies & conventions), I can indeed verify the authenticity of this illustration being used in JW land. However, it is yet to be proved that it indeed came from the mouth of one of the GB members themselves

I hope this helps to clarify things a bit

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks Divergent! That illustration actually rings a bell. I could totally see someone like TOMO throwing out a blunt little quip after relating it about putting a bullet in it's head. That's why I asked about this, to see if anyone had heard anything similar. The person that my wife came across was a JW nutter, as I originally stated, and couldn't remember if it was Lett or Morris (sounds more like a Morris thing IF it even was a thing), but it was certainly worth asking about just in case someone could confirm.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Too bad the farmers dog ran off with wild dogs who were interested in doing destructive things.

Moral of the story, when you leave the "pack" be sure and find others who are interested in living a positive lifestyle.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Gee, they are running out of cheesy analogies!

• oppostate
    oppostate

Yup! That's the story! I think there was some allusions made about the pleasures of the flesh that drew the family dog away. A brother, an elder, gave a Sunday talk about this illustration as if it really happened to his parents' dog when he was a kid.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

We could easily change the narrative just a little bit and get a completely different situation:

A slave owner had a slave....

• amicabl
    amicabl

I heard this one, or one very similar, decades ago. It must be one they drag out of the files from time to time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit