More fun! Did you know that Judge Rutherford had a daughter? I sure didn't......

by sparky1 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Earnest
    Earnest

sparky1 : Interestingly enough, at approximately the same time period, there was another Virginia Rutherford from Versailles, Missouri and her father's name was J. C. Rutherford! She was married to an A.L. Ross.

James Calvin Rutherford was the father of Joseph F. Rutherford and his siblings including Virginia Rutherford. As Athanasius noted above, Virginia Rutherford married Asa L. Ross. She was known as Virginia Rutherford Ross and lived in Versailles, Missouri.

Perhaps the newspaper was confusing Virginia Gale Eiss with Virginia Rutherford Ross, sister of Joseph F. Rutherford. That could explain why they referred to Virginia Gale Eiss as Virginia Rutherford Eiss.

Athanasius : Both Mary Rutherford and Malcolm Rutherford died in Los Angeles on 17th Dec.1962 and 22nd June 1989 respectively.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Thanks, Earnest!

As a side question, How many brothers and sisters did the Judge have?

• Earnest
    Earnest

There were eight children: five daughters and three sons. They were Florence, Salena, Anna, Ella, Virginia, William P., James B. and Joseph F.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Perhaps the newspaper was confusing Virginia Gale Eiss with Virginia Rutherford Ross, sister of Joseph F. Rutherford. That could explain why they referred to Virginia Gale Eiss as Virginia Rutherford Eiss.

The maiden name of both Virginia Eiss and Virginia Ross was Rutherford, but from two different families.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Can you imagine being the descendant of JFR, who caused the death and suffering of so many people?

Kinda reminds me of this (of course, I am not equating the 2 infamous men, just the feelings I imagine the relatives would have).

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It appears this was entirely an error in the initial newspaper report. Newspapers of the time were rife with errors. I remember finding a news article for the day the Titanic went down that reported that 'all were rescued'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit