More fun! Did you know that Judge Rutherford had a daughter? I sure didn't......

by sparky1 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparky1
    sparky1

I have too much time on my hands. My investigations are turning up some neat historical facts.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

What newspaper was this? Definitely should be investigated!!

I am sure that a lot of his life is still not known.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah that's news to me. There have been a lot of topics mentioning his son Malcolm but this is the first I've seen of a daughter.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I'm with you all the way ILoveTTATT2. This particular clipping is from The Sedalia Democrat Wednesday, August 1, 1928 pg. 4. I'll keep digging and let you know what I find. It's interesting to note that he had two grandchildren. I wonder what they thought of Grampy's ranting and ravings on the radio?

• sir82
    sir82

Something is goofed up in that article.

1940 census information for Daniel Eiss of Chicago Illinois: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KWTB-XVF

So Virginia Eiss was 14 years old in 1942....seems unlikely she would be getting a divorce.

EDIT...the original citation given for the news clipping was 1942, now it has been changed to a 1928 clipping.

• sir82
    sir82

Info from 1930 census (same website):

So more mystery! Will leave to others to dig deeper.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have never heard this anywhere!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Seems the mistake is in the 1940 census.

• sir82
    sir82

Based on what I see...

In 1930, looks like there was a "mother" Virginia Eiss (age 30) and a "daughter" Virginia Eiss (age 2).

Based on the clipping, looks like "mother" got a divorce in 1928 and moved back in with her mama along with her new-born child.

By 1940, for some reason, "daughter" Virginia had moved back with her papa. "Mother" Virginia Eiss had either died or moved away from Chicago by then.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

And two grandchildren, too?

Cool find if it's true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit