Caleb can say mephibosheth

by road to nowhere 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

But didn’t tight pants Tony say that we were the thinkingest people on the planet?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

Years ago, back when I was a ‘believer’ in the JW religion, we had a visiting Sunday speaker.

As I was listening, I noticed how this man struggled and I cringed a little bit. I’m sure he was a nice enough guy, but it struck me how uneducated he sounded..I realized the Witness religion was a place where a man with no higher education and nothing going for him could feel ‘important’.

Over time there I heard enough sad but laughable examples of this.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Years ago, back when I was a ‘believer’ in the JW religion, we had a visiting Sunday speaker.

As I was listening, I noticed how this man struggled and I cringed a little bit. I’m sure he was a nice enough guy, but it struck me how uneducated he sounded..I realized the Witness religion was a place where a man with no higher education and nothing going for him could feel ‘important’.

Over time there I heard enough sad but laughable examples of this''

I remember a few times when during CA's or visiting speakers would stammer a bit driving their 'point home' . They would somehow with haste, draw a conclusion with a parallel to some other example to sell their idea. Hasty conclusions that would leave you hanging, like '''HUH'', what the....

But yeah, it was notably cringe-worthy when you'd see a speaker stammer, grasping for the right words trying to 'sell' their talk to the audience. Sheesh. You could obviously see a lack of thinking skills or education.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

True. But it’s not that I want to come across as thinking that a person with no higher education cannot think. No, certainly not.

It is just that the Witness religion has literally demonized college education. They are anti-intellectual. They have ‘elevated’ people in congregations just because these people toe the party line and ‘pioneer’ - meanwhile these people are lucky they can string two sentences together!...Also, if they are on the podium and spout something - you are expected to accept it..because they said it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LongHairGirl;

Yes. Of course. I understand what you say. Absolutely.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Oh, I thought he said "me shit the bed"!

just saying!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

our cong servant (1960's) couldnt manage OHIO.

it was I-O-HOI.

also--one evening he was ranting and raving about an imminent circo visit--and said that one service meet up would be in LIN COLLON ROAD. someone piped up--its pronounced LIN_CON, brother...to which he bellowed--someone's put an L in it.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They must teach this at pioneer school or somewhere. Today I heard better educated ones say the christianndom and apoSTle.

Maybe they, as I, are amateur etymologists ( the study of buggy words😊) and are looking at root words, confusing pronunciations.

• Overrated
    Overrated

What do you expect from an org that discourages education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit