Caleb can say mephibosheth

by road to nowhere 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

That was this weeks video. But the elders cant say: liberry, pitcher, aks, pronounsiation, mono-tone-us, unconscience

• sir82
    sir82

Chrishendum (or Christiandum)

Psalm 83 "versus" 18, Matthew 24 "versus" 14, etc.

Viligent and digilent.

Diction coaches, these guys ain't.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Some examples from my area: Joe Nathan ("Jonathan"), Galatea ("Galatia"), Michelle ("Michal") (and that was a CO), Apostal ("Apostle").

Had a school overseer that tried to say "we're going to give you a mark of commendation." This was back when students were given either a G, W, or I. I don't know why he tried to say "mark of commendation" rather than just saying "we're going mark you good" or "we're going to give you a G". Anyway, when trying to say "we're going to give you a mark of commendation", he would say "we're going to give you a mark of accommodation". I heard that every week for several years.... and THAT WAS THE SCHOOL OVERSEER!

• Biahi
    Biahi

Magnum, that’s because “higher edumacation” is evil. Lol

• millie210
    millie210

I think some folks need to work on their

COHERENCE THROUGH CONNECTIVES

Remember all of those charming points on our counsel slips - that one was my favorite!

The ministry school guide book had a list of connectives...I remember one of them was "withertofore" ..

Sounds like we were living in a Harry Potter movie.

• jp1692
    jp1692

It’s their lack of ejamuhcAshun!

More examples:

re-al-a-tor

new-kya-lur

The Book of Revelations

Psalms 18 (using the plural when referring to a single psalm

The list is long!

• sparky1
    sparky1

Don't forget the best one of all: JEHOVER!

• Magnum
    Magnum

jp1692, I HATE "new-kya-lur". I've heard some really educated (well, at least they had the paper) people say that; I think even some scientists. In an area I used to be in there was a JW college professor with a doctorate in education who said it.

I also hate "Revelations".

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

The Book of Revelation / The Apocalypse / The Unveiling contains revelations

• Magnum
    Magnum

JoenB75, yes; actually, that's very insightful. Unfortunately, many JWs wouldn't grasp what you posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit