Puerto Rico Special Convention 2016 Video

by darkspilver 17 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

never a jw

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6289070416199680/dressed-up-five-days-ahead-special-assembly-puerto-rico

An hour ago I went to bid good bye my two brothers in law and their wives (all elders/elderettes). They were invited to the special assembly in Puerto Rico this coming weekend.

Here's a video - don't believe it's been posted here yet - it's 80 minutes long and focuses on the entertainment and hospitality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh_qNphhhIY

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I understand it was a BYOM event (bring your own mofongo).

Rub a Dub

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

??? wat.

This is not the religion I left a couple of years ago.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yup I agree. Ol Nath, Freddie and Theo must be rolling over in their graves over this

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I cannot fathom me growing up a JW in Puerto Rico seeing something like that, ever! I remember some elders going on and on and on about the Puerto Rican Bomba and Plena music having roots in African worshiping of deities and therefore being Satan's music.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Thier really trying hard to keep ones from waking up and leaving!

• dropoffyourkeylee
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Whomever was in charge of planning this Special Convention obviously failed to do their homework. The music that was being played throughout this convention was “Bomba y Plena” which is derived from music that was played by enslaved Africans in Haiti during their satanic rituals in the 18th and 19th century, especially when practicing voodoo.

Also, this music (along with the costumes, the food being served, etc.) are all associated with Christmas in Puerto Rico. In fact, you will likely not hear this music, see these costumes, or even eat some of these foods during any other time of the year.

So this is all very puzzling to me.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I am Puerto Rican and in my 49-year-old never thought I'd see anything like this in PR. The Puerto Rican JW used to be almost extremists. Truly, these cult is desperate to keep people inside. I no longer recognize this cult. Every day they are more insane.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Around 52 minutes -

She is singing a very popular tune "En Mi Viejo San Juan" - so the lyrics have been altered.

Replaced "destino": destiny with "la vida":life

and also replaced "Diosa":Goddess with "perla": perla

So it's okay to sing songs with "unbliblical" things as long as I modify it? Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit