Fascinating Quotations of The Faithful Slave

by Vanderhoven7 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

More WTS nonsense

Can it be stated flatly that only baptized Witnesses of Jehovah will survive Armageddon? Yes, with few exceptions.” WT 1/15/1971 p.63

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." (Watchtower, September 1, 1989 p. 19)

"The Scriptures strongly support the conclusion that at Armageddon Jehovah will destroy the peoples of the earth, saving only those who obey his commandments to stand by his organization." (Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom, 1993, p. 170)

“We need to help people understand how important it is for them to take a stand for Jehovah and his kingdom. This means trying to motivate people to make the truth their own by applying what they learn, dedicating their life to Jehovah, and getting baptized. Only then will they survive Jehovah's day. - I Pet.3:21 Watchtower, Study Edition, Oct. 2019 para.14

"As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth's billions these are indeed few. ... On Satan's side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent ..." Watchtower 1958 Oct 15 p.614

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I can remember that my mother was concerned about my interest in computers and IT, and did not approve of my taking advantage of an opportunity at my job (where I was a mail clerk- standard JW career track) to start building a network and become an IT admin.

She stopped complaining when my pay increased by some 50% in just 18 months, and more than doubled over the next few years. Funny, that-- once we stopped struggling and had some level of financial security, she wasn't so concerned about it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi TonusOH,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Are you and your family still involved in the organization to some degree today?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

My mother is still an active JW. She turned 85 back in May. Her mother was a JW, and two of her sisters are, as well as several of her nieces. My dad was in for a short period, but he did that mostly to try and hold the marriage together and it didn't work, so he left both the organization and the home back in the 80s. He passed away in 2001. One of his sisters is still a JW, as far as I know. She would be in her 80s as well. I doubt her sons are still JWs, they did not seem like the type to stay, heh.

My sisters and I are all out, we either left or faded over a long period of time. My older sister was a regular pioneer for a few years before she left (I later learned that she pioneered on the advice of some elders to deal with some issue she was having- it didn't work). I was a ministerial servant for about a year in the mid-90s. It felt like the culmination of a lot of hard work to get there, but by then my heart really wasn't in it and I lost that 'privilege' and that accelerated my fade (though I would never have thought I was fading at the time).

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks for sharing TonusOH!

I'm happy there is no one left in that could harm you through the WTS "loving" shunning arrangement except possibly your mom. But somehow I don't think she would.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Seems to be a problem posting on this thread.

"What does God require of those who will reside forever upon his Paradise earth? Jesus Christ identified a first requirement when he said in prayer to his Father: 'This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.' Many have found the second requirement more difficult. It is to obey God's laws. The third requirement is that we be associated with God's channel, his organization. The fourth requirement is connected with loyalty. God requires that prospective subjects of his Kingdom support his government by loyally advocating his Kingdom rule to others." (Watchtower, February 15, 1983 p. 12)

"In this way only lovers of God and of his family, his organization, will survive and enter into the cleansed earth that is to be transformed into a glorious Paradise." (Watchtower, December 15, 1982 p. 27 - Clothing Ourselves With Love and Wearing It)

"Any person who wants to survive into God's righteous new order urgently needs to come into a right relationship with Jehovah and His earthly organization now." (Watchtower, November 15, 1981 pp. 16-17)

"And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah's organization for salvation, the time no doubt will come when the message takes on a harder tone, like a 'great war cry.'"
    (Watchtower, November 15, 1981 p. 21)

"Your attitude toward the wheatlike annointed 'brothers' of Christ and the treatment you accord them will be the determining factor as to whether you go into 'everlasting life.'” (Watchtower, August 1, 1981 p. 26)

"To keep in relationship with 'our Savior God,'the 'great crowd 'needs to remain united with the remnant of spiritual Israelites.'"
    (Watchtower, November 15, 1979 p. 27)

"If we want to assure our everlasting salvation, we must stay within the bounds of Jehovah God's loving provision associated with his visible organization, presided over by his High Priest."
    (Watchtower, August 15, 1967 p. 503)

"To understand the Bible for their salvation they had to have it explained through God's organization." Watchtower, November 15, 1961 p. 692

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

"The ark of salvation that we enter is not a literal ark but is God's organization." (Watchtower, June 1, 1950, p. 176)

Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization." Watchtower 2006 May 15 p.22 "Are You Prepared for Survival?"

"But Jehovah's servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things." Watchtower 2007 Dec 15 p.14

WT56 8/1 p. 473 par. 15 Delivering Satan’s Death Notice
    So the proclaiming of this message under these adverse conditions serves a good purpose in that it puts the message-bearers to a test. Will they obey Jehovah God and continue to proclaim God’s ordained message or will they water it down, sugar-coat it with compromise, or will they quit altogether and run for cover? Will they stick to the organization Jehovah is now using in the earth or will they attempt to break away from the theocratic organization and set up one of their own design and making

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Seat of their power - read it carefully. They change the number 3 into 11 by changing what they are talking about. Starts off as Jehoiakim's rulership then switches to Jehoiakim vassal service to Nebuchadnezzar. Its a different number 3! Like 3 apples are different to 3 pears. 1914 rests on this and Dan 2:1 (a different but equally silly trick).

*** dp chap. 3 p. 32 par. 4 Tested—But True to Jehovah! ***

The expression “for three years” is of special interest to us, for the opening words of Daniel read: “In the third year of the kingship of Jehoiakim the king of Judah, Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and proceeded to lay siege to it.” (Daniel 1:1)

*** w64 10/15 p. 637 A Haughty Spirit Is Before Stumbling ***

It was this event that Daniel the prophet writes about: “In the third year of the kingship of Jehoiakim the king of Judah, Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and proceeded to lay siege to it.” (Dan. 1:1) This “third year” of vassalage to Babylon would be the eleventh year of Jehoiakim’s entire reign and would be due to end on Adar 29, or March 19, 617 B.C.E. He died before he lived out the end of this eleventh year.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

RE: When heaven's door was shut

Joseph Rutherford initially stated that the 144,000 group was complete i.e., sealed back in 1931:

"God having a fixed time for every purpose (Ecclesiastes 3:1), his time to give creatures on earth the opportunity to get in line for a heavenly reward has been from A .D. 29 until, chiefly, 1931, called the "day of salvation". "Let God be True" 1946 ed. p.298

"Although Jehovah had come to his temple in 1918 and had begun judgment of this anointed class, still others must be brought in, because some were found unworthy and they must be replaced. The evidences show that this continued until especially 1931, when there began a work of gathering those recognized as "other sheep" of the Lord Jesus Christ." Jehovah's Witnesses In The Divine Purpose 1959 p.139

Then it was changed with no basis to 1935:

"Hence, especially after 1966 it was believed that the heavenly call ceased in 1935." Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.30

"Their being identified in 1935 as the great crowd of other sheep was an indication that the choosing of the 144,000 was then about complete." Revelation, Its Grand Climax Now at Hand p.125

Then, in 2007 it was changed again,

"As time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. Thus we cannot set a specific date for when the heavenly hope ends." Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31″

However, they also cast doubt on anyone who now says they are “anointed”:

"Over the years some, even ones newly baptized, have suddenly begun to partake. In a number of cases, after a while they acknowledged that this was an error. Some have recognized that they partook as an emotional response to perhaps physical or mental strain. But they came to see that they really were not called to heavenly life. They asked for God's merciful understanding." Watchtower 1996 Aug 15 p.31

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They asked for God's merciful understanding

God’s “merciful understanding” of their false teaching ??!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit