Fascinating Quotations of The Faithful Slave

by Vanderhoven7 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Biahi
    Biahi

Thank you, JW gone bad. You know what scares me about this? What if they tell all the US witnesses to sell their homes, cash in everything, and come to NY in a camper. Once they arrive, they will be told to turn over all their cash, etc. to the WT society, because that will bring on Armageddon. Don’t put it past them!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Watchtower November 1, 1930 p. 301 Millions of Prisoners to Hear the Gospel: "Satans organization claims to be Gods organization, and persecutes those who are actually members of Gods organization. Satans organization sails under the high-sounding name of "Christendom". It boasts of a membership of over 500,000,000 persons. Its members are in bondage to creeds, customs, rites and ceremonies; they dare not disown these or criticize or expose them. To do so would bring down on their heads taunts, reproaches, disfellowship and persecution. Many thousands of the Lords people are held in these denominations as prisoners, afraid to express their disapproval of the creeds, methods and customs of the organization."

Pot Kettle Black

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

What do you think about this quotation?

Dealing with the relative value of the bible vs the publications

“... not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible by itself, but we see, also, that if anyone lays the SCRIPTURE STUDIES aside, even after he has used them, after he has become familiar with them, after he has read them for ten years - if he then lays them aside and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone, though he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he had merely read the SCRIPTURE STUDIES with their references, and had not read a page of the Bible, as such, he would be in the light at the end of the two years, because he would have the light of the Scriptures.” Watchtower: September 15, 1910, page 298

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Vanderhoven7, I think that the words "To do so would bring" and "disfellowship" should also be underlined, for emphasis.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Disillusioned JW

Yes, its fascinating to see them denegrate the Bible to elevate their own importance.

"Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do,” (Watchtower, Dec. 1, 1981, p. 27).

WT 10/1/1967: "Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind."

WT 1/15/1983: "Would we know the way of the truth if it had not been for guidance from the organization? Really, can we get along without the direction of God's organization? No, we cannot!"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The very fact that we are experiencing such hatred is proof that we have Jehovah’s approval. (Matt. 5:11, 12)

Watchtower July 2022 page 9

This is illogical interpretation of Matt 5:11,12 where if you accept the application, then any association of people no matter how bizarre their teachings could be “proved” to be the trueTM christians.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

You are exactly right ozziepost. I remember thinking when I was young that if the WT reasoning about certain things (such as being persecuted, or rapid growth in numbers, being proof of God's blessing) were applied to the Mormons, then it would mean the Mormon religion was chosen by God. I think that even before I got baptized I often noticed the illogical thinking of the WT. I wish I had used that realization of the WT to decide not to become baptized as a JW.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks to Atlantis:

1945 Consolation.

Vertroosting (Dutch Consolation), September 1945,

blz. 29 Dutch:

"Wanneer wij ons leven verliezen,
    doordat wij weigeren, inspuitingen te laten maken,
    dient zulks niet tot een getuigenis,
    ter rechtvaardiging van Jehovah`s Naam.
    God heeft nooit bepalingen uitgevaardigd
    die het gebruik van medicijnen, inspuitingen
    of bloedtransfusie verbiedt."

Het is een uitvinding van menschen ,
    die gelijk de Farizeeën Jehova's barmhartigheid
    en liefde buiten beschouwing laten.
    Jehova te dienen met geheel ons verstand beteekent
    niet ons verstand uit te schakelen; vooral dan niet,
    als het om een menschenleven gaat,
    dat Jehova toegewijd en daarom heilig is".

English translation:

“When we lose our life, because we refuse inoculations,
    that does not bear witness as a justification of Jehovah’s name.
    God never issued regulations which prohibit the use of drugs, inoculations or blood transfusions.

It is an invention of people, who, like the Pharisees, leave Jehovah’s mercy and love aside. Jehovah to serve with all our reason, doesn't mean not to disconnect our reason in especially when it concerns a human life that is devoted to Jehovah and therefore it is holy."
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle

Hello Vanderhoven7, I must say I always appreciate your posts. You posted the following.

“we should learn to love and value truth for it’s own sake; to respect and honor it by owning and acknowledging it wherever we find it and by whomever presented. A truth presented by the Faithful Slave himself is just as true as a truth stated by God.”

You referenced that, “A truth presented by the Faithful Slave himself is just as true as a truth stated by God.” I was wondering is that an actual statement appearing in a WT publication, and if so, can you please provide the source of such a statement. I find it extremely bold to equate something written by imperfect men being equated as a “truth stated by God.”

Thank you for your help.

baldeagle

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Baldeagle

I deliberately modified a quotation of Russell's which read

A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God.

• What is Truth? Zion's Watch Tower, (July 7, 1879).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit