Fascinating Quotations of The Faithful Slave

by Vanderhoven7 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

· 'The Golden Age' January 18th, 1933 page 252

· "If the message the Jehovah's Witnesses are bringing to the people is true, then it is of greatest importance to mankind. If it is false, then it is the duty of the clergymen and others who support them to come boldly forward and plainly tell the people wherein the message is false.

However, pointing out falsities in WTS doctrine is often viewed as persecution.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Thanks Vanderhoven7 for the interesting and useful quotes!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Obey the Faithful and Discreet Slave as you would the voice of God. -Watchtower, June 15, 1957

To have Jehovah's approval, we need to obey the faithful and discreet slave. -Watchtower (Simplified) Study Edition, July 15, 2011, page 27

• Vanderhoven7
  • joao
    joao

The one from 2022 is one that struck me enormously! But I had the idea that it had been one or years earlier... How time flies!

• Vanderhoven7
  • WokenfromJWcult
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN7:

Yes, how can we forget that infamous 1969 Awake article telling young people back then that they’d never grow old and who needs college or a career??

How many countless Witnesses made foolish and life-altering decisions based on this and who regret this every day in their old age which they have surely reached. I wasn’t yet in the JW religion when this article came out.

When I came in some years later with my full-time job I was assailed with every sort of nasty remark about how I better ‘quit that job’ and ‘take up housecleaning and pioneering’ and it shows I’m ‘not spiritual’.. Meanwhile, all the older people were collecting THEIR pensions and living in decent homes while pushing poverty for some young person ..If anybody doesn’t see anything wrong with this picture they have a problem.

Anyway, their foolish talk never made any sense to me and I am forever Grateful now that I ignored all those hypocrites in the religion years ago who tried to interfere with MY life.. Thank God for my ‘worldly’ upbringing and fatherly wisdom from the School of Hard Knocks which prevented me from making a stupid mistake.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

w67 10/1 p. 587 par. 9 Finding Freedom with Jehovah’s Visible Organization - “Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation [JW's] as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.”

Funny thing is, the word 'organization' is like the word 'trinity,' it doesn't appear anywhere in the Bible. Strange.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@LongHairGal - Glad nonsense never made sense to you and you could see through the hypocrisy.

@BoogerMan - LOL...even the title of the article is a joke. It's amazing how much stress they place on organizational involvement.

Come to Jehovah's organization for salvation." WT 11-15-81 p.213

"To receive everlasting life in the earthly paradise, we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." WT 2-15-83 p.12

"Bible students...must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation." Our Kingdom Ministry, Nov, 1990

Those who do good things for Jesus' "brothers" because these anointed ones are his followers have the hope of surviving "the day of Jehovah."
    (Watchtower, September 15, 1997 p. 17)

"Yes! genuine Christians are now being gathered into a united brotherhood earth wide. Who are they? They are the Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses..." (Watchtower, July 1, 1994 p. 7)

"The Scriptures strongly support the conclusion that at Armageddon Jehovah will destroy the peoples of the earth, saving only those who obey his commandments to stand by his organization." (Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom, 1993, p. 170)

"We will be impelled to serve Jehovah loyally with his organization if we remember that there is nowhere else to go for life eternal."
    (Watchtower, November 15, 1992 p. 21 - "Serve Jehovah Loyally"

"Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the "one flock" Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established." (Our Kingdom Ministry, November 1990 p. 1)

"You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of eternal life." (You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth p.255)

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." (Watchtower, September 1, 1989 p. 19)

"In this way only lovers of God and of his family, his organization, will survive and enter into the cleansed earth that is to be transformed into a glorious Paradise." (Watchtower, December 15, 1982 p. 27 - Clothing Ourselves With Love and Wearing It)

"Know that all living at Armageddon will be baptized, either with fire for destruction with the wicked or with salvation for life with the theocratic organization." (Watchtower, June 1, 1952 p. 350)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit