We are now around 25 years past the point when Armageddon was to arrive as PROMISED!

by nowwhat? 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

To put things in perspective, CT Russell used Pyramidology to back up the whacky ideas that he had already concocted. Incredible as it may now seem to us, there was a time when Pyramidology was taken very seriously, rather then viewed as the pseudo-science that it really is.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That's because the 'end' is so close,,,,,it will always be close.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And wait until 2035. Using 1914 as the start of this, and that joke-hova cursed us so we cannot live past age 120 (that abomination even put this directly in that filthy bible), that would take us to the year 2034. We are not going to see Armageddon, as the washtowel paints it, by then.

What we are seeing is mandatory coronavirus vaccination, where only the RFID chips will suffice as proof that you are vaccinated and up to date with your boosters. And those RFID chips will strip us of all ability to have independent thoughts--get out of line, and they will forcibly steer you right back in line and/or suspend your vaccination updates. We will ultimately be enslaved, with no hope of ever gaining our humanity back. This, unlike this washtowel Armageddon, is easy enough to track just by looking at how many places are making it impossible to live without the shots.

And no, joke-hova is not going to save anyone. That thing is responsible for these mandatory vaccinations (and no, the Amazon "shot" will not count toward this) and having the RFID chip being the only acceptable proof (that cannot be faked, as a fake vaccine card is easy to purchase or print, and a fake phone "proof" is easy enough for an expert computer programmer to create). And for sure, no one became jokehovian witlesses hoping to be vaccinated with torture shots and RFID chipped to enforce this and all the other Noahide laws.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

WT 10/ 2968 pp 5 p 4

''In the less that 90 months remaining in this troubled system of things, should it be wise to put our trust in earthling man and this system of things? With this system of things winding down, surely we can hardly trust mankind in this lawless and wicked world which will ''evidently'' and which can ''no doubt'' last past October 2975. Stay alive until '75,

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

25 years late? Come on , it was originally expected in 1914 which makes it 108 years late. There is only so long that you can keep waiting for the bus before you give up and start walking…🤔

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''There is only so long that you can keep waiting for the bus before you give up and start walking ''

Yeah, either walking, or waking. LOL

• Ding
    Ding

Russell's measurement of the main passageway of the Great Pyramid changed by 40 inches from one edition of his book to the next in order to accommodate the doctrinal switch from 1874 to 1914.

Maybe the GB should head to Egypt and measure it again.

No telling what new light they could come up with...

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If you have your Proclaimers book, I think it even has a section on pyramids which illustrates how 1914 was evolved.

I think it was Nelson Barbour, who Barber plagiarized the 1914, and it was Conley who was the actually the first president of the Watchtower Society. These are things found in the Proclaimers book. If you know where they are.

If you have a copy, please do guard it!!

• Gman2001
    Gman2001

Overlapping False Prophets (OFP)

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The problem with end-times predictions is that they're so obviously made-up. The Bible has lots of dates and numbers and symbols, but it doesn't have a consistent or clear guide for defining them. So it's easy to come up with a calculation that conveniently places the end of the world on a date within our lifetimes. No one ever believes that we're just another generation that will come and go without seeing the most momentous event in human history... it has to happen in our day!

I recall hearing or reading the calculation that Harold Camping used to determine that the end would come in 2011. It was so odd and unintuitive that I couldn't believe that he ever thought it was legit. On the one hand, self-delusion can be very powerful. On the other, I can't imagine a person being that deluded for so long. But I think a lot of the people who make these predictions really do think that they're on to some amazing hidden cosmic secret. It sure beats convincing yourself that you're really Napoleon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit