We are now around 25 years past the point when Armageddon was to arrive as PROMISED!

by nowwhat? 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rivergang
    Rivergang
    What if they were to tell you it’d be next year?

I would ask politely for a drag on one of the same type of cigarettes that he/she has been smoking!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    • "I would ask politely for a drag on one of the same type of cigarettes that he/she has been smoking"

Me too.

• Sardis
    Sardis

1914 is not a biblical teaching. They cite Daniel chapter 4 as the "key" to understanding the 7 times but Daniel 4 has nothing to do with that, Jesus was not citing that from Daniel. He was referencing daniel9 Daniel 11. Revelation 11:2 is a good followup to what Jesus was talking about, by Jesus in revelation to Paul.

• Sardis
    Sardis

1914 is not a scriptural teaching. There are two ressurections. One of christians after Babylon is destroyed and then destroy the nation's with Jesus to usher in the thousand years. The great crowd are the survivors of the great tribulation and live the thousand year reign. At the end, Satan is let loose, and he and his followers are destroyed. After that is the second ressurection of those who did not get baptized based on their deeds.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Guess What! I was promised in 1974 that the BIGA would be in 1975 when I was 16 years of age...WTF! fuck you WTS I believed you when i was 10 years old not in 1974-75 or any time after, sadly it took me until 2002 to leave completely

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I also meant to say 25 years! WTF 1975 was the BIG FUCKING YEAR forget any other year! 42 years! into the 1000 years reign hahahahahahaha! WTF

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

In 1974 at the District convention (in Dunedin NZ) the cry was "stay alive to 75" WTF, i'm still alive in 2022 HAHAHAHFUCKUWTS

• Ding
    Ding

Maybe it came invisibly in 1975.

If you didn't see it, you don't have "eyes of understanding."

• hoser
    hoser

The reason that 1914 is so hard to explain is that the date was originally concocted by charlatan Charlie (Taze Russel) by measuring the length of some passages in the great pyramid and assuming that the numbers meant something. BTW the original guy that did the measuring had to come up with his own unit (pyramid inches) to make it all work. CTR taught that Jesus came in 1874 (invisibility) and that Armageddon would happen in 1914.

As every person in history has ever done Charlie died in 1916 and Rutherfraud did a hostile takeover of the corporate a$$ets. It was obvious by 1919 that Armageddon hadn’t taken place so he set 1925 as the date of the end. This date came and went as 100% of end world predictions fail and he needed a new plan. Thus in 1928 they denounced the pyramid scheme and came up with the times theory that many of us on this site tried to explain in the field ministry. They changed 1914 to the beginning of the last days and worked the 2520 years back to 607 bce even though Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 but who cares about historical accuracy at this point anyway.

It’s been 151 years since CTR started his religion in 1870.

The problem with end times cults is they have to keep changing the end times.

• hoser
    hoser

The guy that influenced Charles Taze Russel in pyramidology was Charles Piazzi Smyth.

This is where is gets a little weird.

Smyth was the chief astronomer for Scotland and the underlying reason for his study of pyramids was to show that the British imperial measurement system was god given so that he wouldn’t have to learn the metric system. In fact he hated the metric system because he hated the French.

So our whole Jehovah’s Witness existence and all the bs we’ve put up with over the course of our lives might just be because some guy in 1864 hated the metric system.

And the French.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit