Help Keep IT Going, write your newspaper

by jst2laws 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I thought I would share with you what I sent the Manager Editor of the local newspaper. I was excited to see so much coverage yesterday regarding the Watchtower and their defense of their Child Molestation Policies. Yet our local paper has published only two articles in the last 14 months. Maybe you could forward something similar to your local paper.

Thanks to Ashitaka, Hawkaw, and elsewhere for their reports at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56242/1.ashx

Dear Managing Editor, Nearly a year ago I was interviewed by Kevin Porter regarding the child molestation cover up within the Jehovah's Witness organization. This was about September 5, 2002. I have attached a small JPG of the article. I would pass this info on to Kevin but do not see his email address listed. As anticipated we were disfellowshipped (excommunicated) from the Jehovah's Witness organization for exposing this atrocity. Now none of our long time intimate friends are allowed to speak to us, not even say hello if we happen to meet in public. We are treated as dead. Even my siblings and aged parents are not allowed to visit or even speak with us for fear of also being disfellowshipped. At the time of the article there was only one legal case against the Watchtower society that I am aware of. I it is reported there are at least fifteen now, not including four that were filed just a few days ago. The Watchtower recently lost a major case in Canada regarding this issue. Our life long friends believe we lied about their beloved organization and will not speak with us to find out the truth. Many more uninformed people are being contacted and inducted into the Jehovah's Witnesses organization locally with no knowledge of this problem or the consequences of speaking up once one learns of it. I hope you will share my concern that the public would benefit by being informed. With the list of links provided below you may find that other publishers feel the same. If you would like more information are a follow up you can contact me on my local cell phone at XXXXXXX. Steve XXXXXXX Last year's Newsherald

Current coverage
    Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's Witnesses http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Lawsuits.html Religious group faces lawsuitsclaim Jehovah's Witnesses officials
    have been covering up alleged sex abuse of children by congregation leaders ...

Flurry of Lawsuits Allege Abuse Cover up by Jehovah's WitnessesWATE, TN - 5 hours agoSACRAMENTO, CA (A) -- A flurry of lawsuits across the country accuse
    Jehovah's Witnesses officials of covering up sexual abuse. ...

FLURRY OF LAWSUITS ALLEGE ABUSE COVER UP BY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSESWBIR-TV, TN - 5 hours agoA flurry of lawsuits across the country accuse Jehovah's Witnesses officials
    of covering up sexual abuse. The suits claim some congregation ...

Lawsuits allege cover-up of sexual abuse by Jehovah's WitnessesCNN - 5 hours agoSACRAMENTO, California (A) -- Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's
    Witnesses officials have been covering up alleged sex abuse of children by ...

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesKABC, CA - 6 hours agoFour lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials have been covering
    up alleged sex abuse of children by congregation leaders, adding to a ...

Religious group faces lawsuitsWHNS - 8 hours ago-A -- The Jehovah's Witnesses organization is facing
    the! same kinds of allegations that have rocked the Roman Catholic Church. ...

Religious group faces lawsuits- 8 hours ago-A -- The Jehovah's Witnesses organization is facing
    the same kinds of allegations that have rocked the Roman Catholic Church. ...

Religious group faces lawsuits- 8 hours ago-A -- The Jehovah's Witnesses organization is facing

Religious group faces lawsuitsWRIC TV, VA - 8 hours ago-A -- The Jehovah's W! itnesses organization is facing

Religious group faces lawsuitsWQAD, IL - 8 hours agoSacramento, California-A -- The Jehovah's Witnesses organization is facing

Religious group faces lawsuitsWISH, IN - 8 hours ago-A -- The Jehovah's Wi! tnesses organization is facing

Religious group faces lawsuitsWAFF, - 8 hours ago-A-- The Jehovah's Witnesses organization is facing

Jehovah's Witnesses SuedCBS News - 9 hours ago(A) Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials have been
    covering up alleged sex abuse of children by congregation leaders, adding ...

Religious group faces lawsuits- 9 hours ago-A -- The Jehovah's Witnesses organization is facing

Religious group faces lawsuits- 9 hours ago-A -- The Jehovah's Witnesses organization is facing

Religious group faces lawsuitsKFVS, MO - 9 hours agoSacramento, California-A -- The Jehovah's Witnesses organization is facing

Religious group faces lawsuitsWANE, IN - 9 hours ago-A -- The Jehovah's Witn! esses organization is facing

Religious group faces lawsuitsKRON4.com, CA - 9 hours ago-A -- The Jehovah's Witnesses organization is facing

Jehovah's Witnesses face abuse suitsContra Costa es, CA - 9 hours ago- A national flurry of lawsuits, many by the same or affiliated law
    firms, accuses Jehovah's Witnesses officials of covering up sexual abuse ...

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesFort Wayne News Sentinel, IN - 11 hours agoSACRAMENTO - Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesDuluth News Tribune, MN - 11 hours agoSACRAMENTO - Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesCentre Daily Times, PA - 11 hours agoSACRAMENTO - Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesAberdeen American News, SD - 11 hours agoSACRAMENTO - Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesThe Ledger, Florida - 11 hours agoFour lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials have been covering

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesTuscaloosa News, AL - 11 hours agoFour lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials have been covering

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesNewsday - 11 hours agoSACRAMENTO -- Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesBiloxi Sun Herald, MS - 11 hours agoSACRAMENTO - Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials

Abuse suits point at Jehovah's Witnessesenn Live, A - 11 hours agoSACRAMENTO (A ) — Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses
    officials have been covering up alleged sex abuse of children by congregation ...

Abuse Suits Point at Jehovah's WitnessesKansas City Star, MO - 11 hours agoSACRAMENTO - Four lawsuits filed in California claim Jehovah's Witnesses officials
    have been covering up alleged sex abuse of children by congregation lea

Jst2laws

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

wow... you ARE thorough. Last night I saw this item on the news ticker that flows at the bottom of the screen on, I believe, CNN. Let's hope it becomes a big story.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Double Edge

You said: "wow... you ARE thorough"

If you are refering to the long list of links I did not do the work. The credit belongs to

"Ashitaka, Hawkaw, and elsewhere for their reports at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56242/1.ashx " as I acknowledged at the beginning of the post.

If anyone hopes to get their local paper to run the AP article it may help for them to see many others have reported on the subject. They like to add some local appeal to it so if you are willing and able to be interviewed or quoted it may increase the chances of making it into print. Just be careful what you say.

Jst2laws

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Jst2laws,

these few lines to thank you for the infomation and the valuable

links. You can be sure I'll forward it to many friends in Europe.

The more people finds out...the true colours of the WTBS Inc.

the better it is going to be for everyone, starting from those

innocent victims and their families.

Thanks again,

J.C.MacHislopp

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

wow, glad to see so many papers covering this issue.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

j2bf

• kls
    kls

Good idea.I live in Wisconsin and read nothing about the jws.The paper constantly talks about Catholics .I am going to do as you suggest. Kls

• kls
    kls

I just e-mailed our local paper asking for coverage of the molestings by jws.I hope it did some good .If i dont hear from them i will keep Emailing them till they shut me down.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Thank you for posting.

Will forward.

Cathy

• Mulan
    Mulan

Our newspapers seldom carry any of these kinds of articles. If they do, they are buried in a section no one looks at. They must have JW's working there, and this is a major city (Seattle).

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Just2laws

this is really good.

Off course one of the main points that will disturb the general public is that everyone is contacted at their home by a JW.

The question should be is there a peadophile peddling the Bible in your area?

Anglise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit