Are You Concerned About Inflation?

by Simon 112 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    current prices will remain the new normal

Yes, like gas prices themselves - the price at the pump goes up when the price of oil rises, but never ever goes back down to what it was even if the price per barrel goes way lower than it was.

Same when potatoes go up - fish and chip shops charge more and will have a little sign saying it's out of their control, price of spuds etc... but once the price spike is over, those are the new normal prices.

People get used to prices and without competition they rarely go back down. We live in a inflationary system that relies on ever increasing debt and monetary supply to keep wobbling along.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Of course I'm concerned. I'm concerned that 50% of the population don't know 5th grade math so they can figure out that their government just looted around 30% of their money!

I think Biden is going to try to arrest Pres. Trump | Page 3 | NY Gun Forum

• hoser
    hoser

Sea Breeze

It is kinda sad that people can’t see what’s really happening until it’s too late. Some never figure it out. I believe the school systems purposefully omit life skills and money management skills from high school curriculums to maintain a population of wage slaves to keep the elites in their positions.

Its a lot like the watchtower system. Keep them smart enough to tend to a literature cart but dumbed down enough so they won’t leave and stop donating to the organization.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Inflation usually rises around 2-3% each year. Even if this current rise in prices starts to go down, it wouldn't go back to the original prices. It is more likely that the prices would go down to what they would have been if inflation had moved in typical fashion, plus a percent or so because they didn't actually rise in a typical fashion.

Gas could be the possible exception, if we ever push for energy independence again. But that would require more than just giving oil companies the green light. The world is in for a period of suffering as we realize that we pushed too hard and too quickly for changes that will now require a step back or two, but you cannot simply flip a switch and have a coal plant back online or a nuclear plant designed and built.

• Simon
    Simon

So inflation went down by a tiny amount, this imbecile is now claiming it means there is 0% inflation:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1557371323625738241

It's actually 8.5%, his economy is in the shitter and people are suffering. He's a modern-day Marie Antoinette, so out of touch because nothing impacts him (he's also doolally out of touch and probably thinks it's still 1962).

Q: Where are all the fact checkers for this WHOPPER of mis-information!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So inflation went down by a tiny amount, this imbecile is now claiming it means there is 0% inflation

No doubt Dominion is calculating the inflation rate for them. After all, Dominion did them quite well when counting the 2020 ballots.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That sounds like anytime a politician pats himself on the back for lowering the deficit. "We weren't quite as reckless and irresponsible as we were the last time. We call that progress!"

Okay, it's actually worse. You can't hide the price of goods and services the way you can excess government spending, although we are on the way to making those two problems converge. People hear the President and his supporters make claims like this, but their energy bills are still high. They're paying a lot for gasoline. They're paying a lot for food. They're paying less for police, though. I guess that's where the savings are being realized.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Things you can buy ahead, toilet paper, detergent, even canned tuna do not go on sale. That adds up as eventually you have to buy anyway.

The numbers will look good now until they figure the COLAs, then hang on.

My ice cream nearly doubled. Lots of empty shelves today at the grocery.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

#ConventionOfTheStates

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Mean mustard

No

There are too many short sighted, ill informed, mean, self serving people now. I fear They would remove protection for unpopular speech, minority rights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit