What would happen if...

by StarTrekAngel 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

In an effort to excuse yourself from elder persecution, you present an argument. Whether at a JC or just in an average elder shepherding call. Most people who have confronted a JC, have tried to explain to the elders about what they know of the org but the incriminating questions always come up.

When confronted with the question, do you still believe the GB is the F&DS? rather than saying no, I do not... you say... I do, but just like the past article on the WT, I believe the slave, despite having been "anointed" or entrusted with feeding the other slaves, has been committing serious wrongdoing, like covering up child abuse and therefore I am not obligated to follow their direction. Just like David, he had a chance to kill Saul but he choose to respect him as Jehovah's anointed. However, he did not stick around or followed his direction. He ran away. I have chosen to run away but I still respect them as the F&DS. I just can't bring myself to follow some of their teachings, which have strayed far from what is holly. The org itself has reminded us many times that we are not obligated to follow their direction if it doesn't go in accordance with scripture. Honestly, I believe the teaching of the last WT applies to them. Many people have brought up the issues to them directly and they have ignored them. The next step would be to bring the sin to the congregation, which I am sure you will not allow me to do. Never the less, I do still believe they are who they claim. When they change, I will return.

Obviously, that is not what I believe, but I am just wondering if this would help throw them off balance so that they have, at least, a harder time looking for a reason to DF you or at least you can tell your relatives the real reason for being DF and may be run lower chances of being shunned.

Your thoughts?

• cantleave
    cantleave
    It would depend on who is on your committee, but generally any criticism, even if implied, will be seen as apostate thinking.
  • life is to short
    life is to short

I was just asked this question and how I responded was would I have not had children even though I really wanted them, if I did not think the GB were being used by Jehovah? Would I have served where the need was great and lived on nothing? Would I have taken a vow of property? etc, the idiot asking me was dumbfounded and said OH sister, sister I did not mean to offend you.

That settled it. I never said I do not believe it now, I just used what I did in the past and he was just did not know what to do with me. I loved it.

LITS

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    If given no choice but to defend my position, I would open up on them full throttle. Of course I would be prepared, but I would lay out my case point by point in a systematic manner and ask that if they disagree with what I've presented they need to disprove it. Either way I would not give them the satisfaction to talk down to me but rather to speak up on clear irrefutable facts. That's how I would go out. Guns blazing, period.
  • ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Oh we had this in our recent pre-JC visit by 2 elders :

So I found the Video and the Transcript of Geoffrey J before the ARC - you know, where he is asked if he believes the JW are the True org etc . Played this to them and invited them to follow on the transcript and then told them that my current position and answer to their question is the same as GJ's ! .................until further notice and that I am applying a "waiting attitude" .................................That seemed to settle the matter ................[and they retired until a further time" ]

Also asked for a Biblical ex-splanation of Bro Splanes splanation of the Overlapping Generations - No answer offered !  

No JC ...............yet !

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think most elders run away from anyone that's showing signs of apostate thinking. They are delusional and don't want the apostate to mess with thier delusion. We scare them. I pointed out to two elders at my house both real nice guys some things about how the JW's exalt themselves and judge other Christians even pointed out some scriptures by Jesus saying not to be like this and they just got big eyed and the lead elder got up and said something about me trying to teach him something and proclaimed that were now going to have a jc.

Well one, nothing I said was out side the bounds of the bible and even found a old WT backing up mostly what I was getting at, so I wasn't trying to teach him anything contrary. In the end I realized they like to think of themselves special in the eyes of god. Anything that screws with that delusion and they run.

• zeb
    zeb
    My answer to "Do you still believe" etc. Well that depends on whattime frame you are looking at. So much has changed its almost a need to get rebaptised into what is new..
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Thanks for all the answers. I am trying to start building a case where I can refuse going to meeting or doing anything but does not allow them to DF me so that I can keep in touch with family. Some good points here, especially about the ARC and being re-baptized.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    do you still believe the GB is the F&DS ?

I'm not here to be interrogated.

Just answer the question.

I am so offended that you have to ask it. I am not going to give an answer.

I will take your answer as a NO.

I can't help the way you take my answer, even if you are wrong.

Am I wrong?

[Silence]

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A brief statement is best...if anything.

"so if the GB / or the ones taking the lead have always been Gods Channel on earth, was it them, or God that got so many teachings wrong over the years?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit