How many of you know you want children or knew you wanted children before ?

by sandy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

do any of you want kids but have a mate who doesnt, or dont want kids but have a mate that does? that's sort of my situation...my boyfriend wants kids SO BAD, and i adore him, but there's just no way i'm having one. we're sort of at a standstill on this one.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I was 13 when I realized I wanted children. The desire never did go away.

I knew dimly, even then, that the "cute baby" stage wouldn't last. I was depending on my future children to help me see the charm in the "terrible two's", the tree-climbing and leg-breaking years, the terrible teens, and all that.

And so they did. Each era of childhood and youth has brought a different kind of "cute"....

Yes, it's so cute to talk philosophy and magick with your twenty-something kids in the wee hours of the morning :)

GentlyFeral

• Candlestick02
    Candlestick02

tinkerbell82: Yes, I'm in the same situation. Well, similar, I should say. I really want kids someday. My husband isn't sure. Actually, i think that's me kidding myself. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want kids, but he gives it a disclaimer and says that possibly someday change his mind. He's not saying he'll never want kids. He's saying he just doesn't want them now and doesn't foresee that changing. I guess I'm no help since I'm in your shoes too. . .which is why I asked earlier (yesterday) if there are people who regret having them That's what worries me most. That we'll one day have a child and because he wasn't 100% bought-in on the idea (and merely 'gave in' for me) what if he regretted it? I wanted to know if there were couples out there who one person was on the fence and then what happened afterward.

Question for you, Tinkerbell82, how long have you and your boyfriend known this about each other?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit