The WT in 10 years time

by Coded Logic 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

3 all the way,

I cant see it being around at all in 50 years actually , at least not in the form that we know today.

its already changed since I was a teen.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

What is the point in thinking where they will be in ten years time when we all know the Big A is just round the corner...

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Totally digital......1hour sunday meetings at kh....via online , and only gb members. And with morris rants, and letts rubber face....they wont prosper.☺
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Whatever the Mormon church looks like 7 years from now is what the WTBTS will look like in 10 years. They're about 3 years behind the LDS---right?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• sir82
    sir82

A 3

B 3

C 4

D 3

While it is fun (or maybe even cathartic) to imagine a giant implosion, I expect nothing so dramatic will occur.

The organization will merely be slowly fizzlling away into (even further) irrelevance.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    I live in a hamlet out in the country. Not far from my house is a small graveyard which once also was the site of a tin-roof chapel of some obscure sect, possibly Strict Baptist. Tall ash trees have overtaken the site and now even they are dying off. Why can't the JW org go the same way?.
  • steve2
    steve2

Will we hold ourselves blood guilty if we do not warn the Witnesses of these predictions for 2026?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A - 2 (I dream of 5)

B & C - They will print nothing. The R&F will have to print their own and fund it as per WBT$ guidelines.

D - 3

I hope the possible paedophile rings that the governing body allow, hide or are a part of get exposed and brought to swift and violent justice.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    What Steve2 said!!!
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

A. 3

B. 3

C. 3

D. 2

I know some people won't be happy with this answer but I think it is the more realistic one. The org will always have new young ones to baptize and they are pushing for that more and more. I have personally seen a few young ones that I thought weren't interested give in and get baptized. I think because of this you'll have big divide between the "true believers" and the ones who treat it like a social club, family tradition or Sunday service. Many will leave but they'll be replaced so overall the numbers won't change much. The lack of growth will be blamed on "the love of the greater number cooling off" which will be a way to blame the lack of growth on lack of zeal.

The printing will continue to decline while they increase the translation work to try to show that they are trying to reach every language. I have theory that they will try to discourage witnesses from just leaving WTs during D2D and they may come up with a series of publications or videos that will slowly get someone into a study. They must know that many JWs don't even want to do a study so they'll try to make it expected of everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit