P. Ms Letter to non subscibers to Redress Scheme

by jonahstourguide 45 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Over the past five years Jehovah’s Witnesses in Australia have purchased 7 new properties, constructed 17 new Kingdom Halls, and undertaken 430 renovations. To help offset the cost of these building projects, 27 Kingdom Halls and 11 plots of annexed land were sold during the same five year period. An additional $11 million was invested in these new building projects.

An interesting statement from The Jehovah`s Witnesses H.Q. in Australia.

They could hardly cry poor now could they .?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah’s Witnesses have not sponsored any programs or activities that separate children from their parents at any time. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not operate boarding schools or Sunday schools; they do not have youth groups, choirs or sponsor any programs for children; neither do they run orphanages, day-care centres, hospitals nor youth centres.

Nor do they do any other charitable works that help those in the community that need help and as has been shown by the Australian Royal Commission they certainly do not help abused children sexually or otherwise of their own faith ,and have complete disregard for the welfare of children of the public in there door to door witnessing that may put them in danger of such abuse by a Jehovah`s witness perpretrator who calls on them.

Their shunning policy ,and protecting the name "Jehovah" from reproach along with their failure to notify the police or any Child protection Agency in any of these crimes against children by at least 3018 + Elders is nothing short of criminal .

Their charitable status should be revoked and they should definitely not get any Government money funded support at all.

• cofty
    cofty

Surely it can be shown that they have repeatedly broken the law by failing to report abuse in Australian states that have a reporting law.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Surely that`s a good question cofty ,and one that I can`t explain to any satisfaction .Australia has 6 States and 2 Territories all with differing laws that apparently confuses the issue .

My brief perusal of each of the States and territories legislation gave me the impression at least some states it was required of ministers of Religion to do so.

However maybe JW`s fell back on the claim they do not have a clergy class ,honestly I do not know.

At the ARC Geoffrey Jackson the Aussie G.B. member said it would make their life easier if it was mandatory for them to report such instances ,.putting the onus back on the Government as if it was their fault it wasn`t done .

• cofty
    cofty

Smiddy - I thought that was one of the inconsistencies exposed by the commission.

First they claim that they don't report because of bible principles about 'not exposing confidential talk'. BUT if the govt make reporting compulsory they will comply. On the other hand they argue that they must 'obey god as ruler rather than men'.

They use the bible like a box of fortune cookies.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The JW Org has done its usual callous calculation, no thought, let alone love, for the victims. It is calculating that to lose Tax Exemption would cost them far less over the years than paying up to $150 Million AUD. in compensation, which is rightfully owed to those poor victims, whose lives have been altered forever, and often youth been totally lost.

Added to their disgusting non-reporting, their total lack of a proper Protection Programme for the vulnerable, this move should make them the worst Pariah among the religions in Australia. May they wither away and die there as a "religion".

It may come down to a Class Action by the Victims ? Then let us hope the Courts award even more Compensation, the Courts must have some discretion in this.

• cofty
    cofty

Do we know the sum that they are being asked to contribute to the scene?

Phizzy I noticed that you said $250m is that an estimate?

ETA - I just noticed Joey's comments on page one.

I bet it's the compulsory apologies that are a bigger problem for the Watchtower than the money.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Just a question for those who may know ... but when the Organization looses its non-charity tax exemption, what would be actual loss to them. I'm assuming that any donations given to the local branch would be taxed. However as the Brothers are encouraged to do more and more direct debit donations, couldn't the money be just transferred off shore to the HQ in the States?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

"Exposing confidential talk" but the information goes to the whole BOE, is kept in records, relayed to the CO, branch, and GB.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Agree with crofty the money is important but what is more important is saying sorry because that would mean acknowledging that the inspired word of god is wrong regarding the two witness rule and the damage and harm it caused innocent children etc ,more important than that is the faithful slave would have to accept that they promoted a harmful policy.

Thoughts to the survivors must be a really difficult time for them and their families ,must fill like the abuse is continuing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit