Some apostates are coming across as crazed psychopaths

by jambon1 46 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

I'm not sure whether or not my view on this is correct so please leave your input.

In recent months I've been viewing YouTube videos. Again, it might just be my view but there has been an increased amount of random people grabbing a camera and doing vlogs. Some are viewed by pretty low numbers. Some are morr popular. I understand how it is very easy (logistically) to participate in this kind of activism.

However, some people are coming across very badly. Extremely angry. Bitter. Challenging witnesses at the carts and making an absolute mess of it by getting angry and eventually being moved on by police, etc.

This isn't good.

It only goes to reaffirm JW's view of those who oppose their former religion and actually negates any genuine and accurate points that are raised. JW's will simply roll their eyes and move on from such material, even perhaps being put off from looking at the more reasonable and balanced videos.

I get anger. I understand it. I've experienced it. But you'll lose the argument every time by acting like a crazy, obsessed maniac.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I agree. My videos dont feature me, just video recordings of talks, little informational videos and Rutherford recordings of him putting his foot in it.

JW's would just love us to get all angry and confrontational with them. It just reaffirms their delusion that they're special like the apostles when they were "persecuted".

• Onager
    Onager

I also agree that it loses the argument, but I also understand just how much anger, fury, despair and confusion can take over a person who finds out just how comprehensively they've been betrayed by the Org.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Yes...negative reinforcement...just makes the JW more convinced they are right.

But I also understand why some who leave feel they need to vent...but it never results in anything good.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I first left there was a deep anger inside me. I had been lied to by the people I trusted. When I tried to Anti-witness to JW's it was a waste of time, even so I never got angry with them

I still have many of my family stuck in.

I have now moved on, I realise that the odd JW will wake up whatever I do or don't do, the vast majority who have not done so by now never will.

The real point is that this silly little cult that is decreasing in real terms, never did matter, and now they are just insignificant nobodies.

Anger hurts you not them, ignore them, they hate that.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

When we leave the organisation our world can feel as though it is being lived without gravity, and fiull of despair, so possibly a sence of purpose is archived by those that make you tube videos. However I sadly agree many of these videos are counter productive. But I can understand how they must give emotional satisfaction. It's all part of the healing that's the way I view it.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Death to fanatics!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Haszardisation of apostasy, it's nothing new.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's okay, weirdos get to be Prime minister here and others get to be President of that big place across the pond. Let's not talk about North Korea! There is hope for all nutters. I guess that's free speech for you.......

Alternative answer:

Some apostates are coming across as crazed psychopaths

Some are!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    The Haszardisation of apostasy

SBF, IS that a real word?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit