Would you?

by donkey 48 Replies latest jw friends

• northern girl
    northern girl

No .. No .. No .. No ..

Been there ... sounds like a wise Granny ... look at the good it's done you.

northern girl

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    So for all who answer NO to scenario 2: If someone wrongfully imprisoned you or if someone deprived you of an education that would have enabled you over 25 to 30 years to have earned in excess of a million dollars and you had the opportunity to take a million dollars from them without you knowing it would you do it? You say No - then you deserve to be suckered. You say yes - I say what's the difference between that and scenario number 2?

Wrongfully imprisoned? How? Please explain.

Deprived of an education? That one is parental and a personal responsibility. I happened to have a *progressive* mother who didn't think I could/would make it as a pioneer (read spiritually weak) therefore no good JW boy would want me, therefore I needed an education to get out of her house ASAP. Because I was, in her words, "A milstone around my neck."

Fine. You know what I did? I got student loans. I got grants. We were poor. I worked, I went to class and I lived at home. 10 years later, in 1994, I payed off my last student loan.

Blaming the WTBTS for your lack of education is another form of "I am the victim" mentality and really pisses me off.

Every single person on this board is smart enough to go to college. If you can use a computer, you can enroll in on-line class.

If you didn't get to go when you were 18 the only thing you missed was beer poisoning and panty raids. BFD.

WHHHAAA!!!

The Watchtower convinced my parents that I didn't need an education. So what is stopping you now?

You have a computer. You have *some* money. You have time. (time being: time to sit here. get your ass in a class and learn something!!) If it takes you 10 years to do it; DO IT. It is worth it. The personal satisfaction is tremendous.

The WTBTS does not *owe* anyone here anything. Yes they fucked up many, many lives. However, you are out. You are responsible. You have more options than I had 20 years ago. 20 years ago it was *go* to college. NO on-line, No computers. If someone had a typewriter, they were popular.

Stop whining, take responsibility and pay your own way. I did and I was 18.

Shouldn't I sue or steal the money from my mother for not providing me with an education? Same thing? Right?

• talesin
    talesin

no, just cause i'm not a thief.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Would I steal a million bux? Stated as baldly as that, it makes me queasy. And yet --

Ballistic: would we be able to pull a mind-job and condone it in some way, go through denial so we didn't have to think about it, or make some excuse to make it seem applaudable in true "spiritual warfare" manner.

*blink* OK, here goes!

I believe in curses as well as blessings. The bible-god handed both out freely, and if we're supposed to follow his example, well, hey ho... And besides, didn't he tell the Israelites to "despoil the Egyptians" on their way out?

But I like donkey's rationale best. Still, I'd have to tell myself the truth: that I did it for revenge and because I'm sick of poverty. Wouldn't require me to say that to anyone else, though. Is that hypocrisy? Maybe. But it doesn't feel heinous if I'm not lying to myself.

Spanner, It's impossible to say "no" to 1. and not the others, so it's a "no" to all 4 questions.

Um, why? It's the same filter as the pacifist who says, "But I would have fought Hitler." A pacifist who wouldn't have fought Hitler is probably either a coward or a selective sociopath, by which I mean someone more concerned with his own pristine conscience than the reality of other people's misery.

Teenyuck,

Deprived of an education? That one is parental and a personal responsibility. I happened to have a *progressive* mother who didn't think I could/would make it as a pioneer (read spiritually weak) therefore no good JW boy would want me, therefore I needed an education to get out of her house ASAP. Because I was, in her words, "A milstone around my neck."
    Fine. You know what I did? I got student loans. I got grants. We were poor. I worked, I went to class and I lived at home. ...

*applause* How old were you when you did all this, btw? I'm 48 now, the sole support of my family (husband semi-incapacitated), and when I had a lot more youthful stamina, I was damnsure that a college education and a career would doom me at Armageddon. I knew that better than my own name. You learned from your own mother that a college education meant survival. I learned to distrust anyone who recommended a college education.

One you believe that "we alone speak for god," no matter who "we" are, you're a hostage. And how responsible is a hostage?

Anyhow, I'm only whimpering a little bit. If I could figure out how to support my family, hell yeah I'd go for an MBA or something. I no longer have the stamina to juggle work, school and family; somthing would have to give. So I can't see my way clear, and I'm learning as fast as I can from life experience. Fortunately the learning curve is getting steep enough to be of some use, lately.

That million in Brooklyn looks mighty damn tempting, though. In my dreams.

And finally, Francois:

You want to make it to the next level of being don't you?

Not anytime soon. I like samsara dammit!

gently feral

• Hamas
    Hamas

Please Mr Postman,

quit bringing these bills to my house ;

quit bringing this stress on my spouse

cuz i'm ready for the kill

look out, look out.

.... Just give me the chance, man. Just give me the chance.

• sxybrwneyes
    sxybrwneyes

probably, probably,probably,no

• donkey
    donkey
    The WTBTS does not *owe* anyone here anything. Yes they fucked up many, many lives. However, you are out. You are responsible. You have more options than I had 20 years ago. 20 years ago it was *go* to college. NO on-line, No computers. If someone had a typewriter, they were popular.

Not huh? Interesting...please be sure and tell people like Shunned Father or the Berry Girl or Erica or the scores of others who were hurt or THREATENED with losing their families. As far as wrongfully imprisoned - ever experienced the prison of the mind or physical prison? Ever experienced either for the "truth"?

Stop whining, take responsibility and pay your own way. I did and I was 18.

Well done...I dare say it's alot easier at 18 than in your 40's or later? I took responsibility and I made it IN SPITE of the WTBS - that doesn't remove their accountability does it?

Shouldn't I sue or steal the money from my mother for not providing me with an education? Same thing? Right?

I am biting my lip not to rip you a new one...you just bragged about your education and then use a poor incomplete example..?

Jack

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Go ahead, rip me a new one for improper grammer and sentence structure.

Not huh? Interesting...please be sure and tell people like Shunned Father or the Berry Girl or Erica or the scores of others who were hurt or THREATENED with losing their families. As far as wrongfully imprisoned - ever experienced the prison of the mind or physical prison? Ever experienced either for the "truth"?

Well, let me count....

My sister--she ran away from home at age 17; I was 14. My mother told her never to come back. Told her she was a whore and a slut and would never make it to the new system. Told her she was throwing her life away on a worldly guy who only wanted to fuck her. Yes, my wonderful, JW mother used language like that. All the time.

When my sister got pregnant, my mother told her to get married. Sis didn't want to get married. She wanted to come back home. Mom told her she was a whore with a bastard so she could not have her in the house until she was married. Sis got married and mom said you will have to repent and get reinstated. Sis said no.

Their relationship is still scarred. My sister and I have no relationship. She and her husband moved away and she refused all contact with my mother and I for years. My mother apologized just last year for what she said 25 years ago.

My mother's family is all JW. Due to my mother's paternal grandparents being JWs from the early 1900s, there is lots of baggage. As a result, there are lots of family fights. All in the name of the WTS. All in the name of *good association*.

My mother cut off her youngest sister, because she was fornicating, in 1968. Her sister never forgave her. Neither did the other 2. As a result, I have no relationship with 3 aunts and 7 cousins. Or their families.

Because of the WTS my fathers family wanted nothing to do with us. They were not JWs. We were the nutty ones. We were cut off from them because they were *worldly*.

So out of a family of 4 immediate aunts, 6 immediate uncles, and 10 first cousins I *know* none of them. They are strangers. All because the WTS created divides that only other JWs understand.

Was it easy going to college at 18? No. I had no idea what I was doing there. I was supposed to be pioneering and getting married. And having kids.

I ended up stumbling through it somehow. Am I proud of that. Yes. I earned it. Coming from a family that did not value education, at all, it was graifying to finally graduate. Am I bragging, no. If I can do it, anyone can. Believe me.

The WTS has fucked up my family in more ways than I can or will document for you. I don't have to prove to you or anyone else the negative effect they have had on my life. I lost my family because of the fucking Watchtower and all their fucked up head games. They took my mother and made her into a Stepford Wife. She cannot think without the Watchtowers approval.

That is devestating.

Are you happy? Feel good to know you drew that out? Is that less important or less worthy of money? Of *taking* a million if you could not get caught?

Prison of the mind is thinking your mother is going to throw you out for being a whore or a slut; all because the WTS said loose conduct was unbecoming. Watching it happen to your older sister is incentive to not do it.

I have lost all my family over the *truth*.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

ROBIN HOOD

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yep.

Yep. and give it to Hamas. The poster, not the terrorist group.

Yep. And then I'd do it again. And burn all the money in front of them to piss them off.

Probably not. I'd feel guilty. Although I never give change to beggars.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit