DAing within the next few weeks!

by be wise 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

congrats to you!

I am also considering DA'ing myelf. I also have done the slow fade, but I am finding it hard to continue to put up with the pressure and guilt trips from my family.

I admire your strength and wish you great happiness.

LS

• onacruse
    onacruse

be wise, congratulations on making a very difficult decision. I applaud you!

Lean on brummie...with a guy like him at your back, the changes you face will be much easier.

Craig

• be wise
    be wise

Wow! I wasn't expecting this. Thanks for all your support:-)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hi BeWise:
    If you want to talk, feel free to PM me, and I'll send you my number (I'm in Scotland).

I DA'ed at the start of last year, and remember the feelings well, leading up to and after it:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/20680/1.ashx

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

Good luck in what you do. You will find it to be one of the best decisions you have ever made in your life. Just be careful though, if you DA, they can still harass you into "re-converting". My choice was to go a step further and get DF'd just so I knew they would leave me the hell alone.

The loss of immediate family members is a tough thing to go through. I feel for you, and hope you can find true friends and other family non-believers to bond with. These will prove to be invaluable to you for the rest of your life. It is a terrible thing to go through, it took me over a year before I could come to terms with not having a family to go to anymore. But I have true friends who have and always will be there for me and some other family members who also have quit the borg, and we share a special closeness now. You will find happiness in this decision, no matter how trying it may be now.

Josh

• Francois
    Francois

Pettygrudger has a point, it can be difficult going it alone. But when you stop and think about it, alone is the way we ALL go through this life. Family and religion do everything in their power to demonstrate to you that you're not alone, but that's nothing but a sham, a snare and a racket.

That only thing which keeps us from being alone is the divine lover that lives within the human heart/mind. Whatever that entity is to you, do all you can to develop your relationship with it for yourself because one day you will indeed need its ministrations.

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Hi Bewise

We are in London. If you need to talk give us a yell on [email protected]. we are moving house in a couple of weeks, but we will be online pretty quick. In the meantime we are still here. It would be good to speak, because you will need to know that you have real friends in the 'world'. Be strong, and keep going. Keep in touch.

Your friends

Mr and Mrs Nightwarrior (able to chat anytime)

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

be wise AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats for standing up for yourself, you do what's best for you, not what's best for somebody else.

Just promise us one thing, get your internet back ASAP, find the money, work anywhere.

Keep us updated on how things are going, and best of luck.

And yeah alot of felt like that, and today we feel alot better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Be Wise --

GO GETTUM COWBOY! You got the world by the tail!

CG

• be wise
    be wise

Thanks everyone - you've been great!

I haven't had the chance to actually post her for a while since my internet was cut off so this is quite a late thank you.

Just to let you know things are so much better now and thanks for all your posts. The most unusual thing of all is the better I feel the less understanding I get from my JW family. This has been a big step but my head feels like it has been washed out and scrubed of so much of this crap and I can see it from a much more objectional view now. Thanks to those that PM'd me I will get in touch soon. Me and my parents are communicating now - so things have been discussed and left with no-one agreeing but at least agreeing to disagree. They said I have to move out before I DA this week. Don't know how it's gonna work out with the rest of my family - I'm writing to let them know this week. Thanks again.

be wise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit