DAing within the next few weeks!

by be wise 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• be wise
    be wise

Hi,

Glad to say my Internet connection is still up, my parents phoned to disconnect it on Monday but it’s still going.

I haven’t officially DA’d yet but it will happen within the next few weeks. I will also be sending the DA letter to all my immediate family. As soon as they announce my DA my parents will be chucking me out but are helping me get sorted for my flat. We’ve had many heated discussions about it but its come to the point were we are agreeing to disagree and things are settling down a lot.

DAing myself has been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done but also one of the most liberating experiences I’ve ever had. It’s definitely been worth all the crap that goes with it and there has been a lot over the last week but all for a good reason I think. Everything is now in the open. My parents know exactly how I feel and I them so there’s no unsaid silence and unsaid thoughts on the matter – it’s so much more real now. Also, it’s like a big weight has been taken off my shoulders and I can move on knowing that I’ve used my adult brain to make decisions that need to be made. I’m just saying this in case anyone might be in the same position.

If anyone asked me what was the best way to go about it I’d still say the slow fade, maybe later DA but for many maybe not. I don’t have any close family that I am going to miss because there is no relationship there anyway. I’m not sure how my other family are going to react – it may hurt a lot but I understand the best people to have in your life are those that really care about you and judge you for who you are. I realise now you’re never going to get that from people who follow a cult based religion because at the end of the day you’re disposable and the Watchtower is without question – not.

I just want to thank all the posters on the board that have helped me over the last few months and turned me into an adult with a brain, instead of a brainwashed jw – it’s made such a big difference to my life. For me I realise it’s time for me to move on and really make a life for myself on my terms now. Looking forward to university this year to do just that.

Did anyone else feel like this when they DA’d?

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i think it's the best feeling in the world. it's almost - ALMOST - worth putting up with all of that JW crap for all of those years just to be able to experience that feeling of pure unbridled FREEDOM for the first time in your life. makes you feel like a newborn just starting out. i swear colors are more vibrant and everything is more intense and wonderful. it feel like losing a thousand pounds.

congratulations

• freedom96
    freedom96

Down the road when you get internet back, check in with us.

Good luck!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

This Canadian salutes you.

I nickname you Are Wise. Good luck on your new journey, and please stay in touch.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Good luck with your choice Wise one, and yeah - find a library and keep us posted!!!!!

It can be very difficult going it alone - and you are among friends here - we want to know!

• smurfette
    smurfette

Good for you Be Wise and good luck!

The feeling of being free is the best and it only gets better. Just don't go too crazy with the new freedom.

-Margy

• avishai
    avishai

Congratulations & I'm sorry.

• Brummie
    Brummie

bewise, just incase you dont see this in your pm, dont disconnect from the internet without getting my phone number, you can ring anytime you want too, prefferbly erly eveninigs. I'm pming it to you.

Brummie

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Good luck!

• talesin
    talesin

good for you, be wise! congratulations on breaking the chains.

to answer yr question - relief at finally being able to be myself and happiness that i no longer had to attend meetings/go in field service.

I'm so happy for you! (talesin gets up from her chair and does a victory dance in yr honour!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit