Abuse was the only reason I left. Posted on the net in 1996.

by cat1759 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Odrade
    Odrade

What was their justification for making your son face his abuser? Did they ever offer any excuse? Un-frickin-believable. That's really sick. At least the courts did what the elders would not. Good for you for leaving. Good for you for telling whoever would listen.

Odrade

• avishai
    avishai

Horsewhipping is too good for those elders.

• sxybrwneyes
    sxybrwneyes

That is so sad I am soo glad your ex cussed them out. Are those guys still elders???

I cant believe the society never got back to you. That just goes to show that they condone that behavior.

That just shows it is NOT gods organization!!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

((((Cathy))))

Your experience was completely unbelievable! What the "loving" elders won't do to protect the reputation of the WTS! That is their only motive; they don't care about victims of these horrible crimes!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    They had cleared the whole court room for his entry. Unlike the elders, the court realized my son was a little human being with feelings. They wanted him to feel comfortable. And guess what? The Judge never asked me to leave. Matt was allowed to sit there right by my side.

Ah yes. The evil wicked system of things run by Satan the Devil is more concerned about a little 4 year old boy's feelings than Jehovah God's one true organization that is spirit directed and has his blessings. The court knew he was frightened, cared and took pains to help him. Jehovah's Witnesses knew he was frightened, and tried to use it against him.

Cathy, always remember you went in and saved him. Whatever feelings you may have, hold on to that. You didn't know what his aunt was doing, but when you did know he was threatened, you intervened.

On behalv of a 4 year old boy who was terribly hurt and left alone with monsters: Thank you for saving him

• gumby
    gumby

Cathy ,

Thanks so much for sharing.

You mentioned the Elders came and interogated Matt. I can attest to the fact that this is what they do as I did it myself under the training of the Organisation.

A poor scared 20 year old newlywed confessed to another younger brother fondling her. She was afraid and crying. I remember the questions we put this poor girl through and could kick my own a** for doing it.

You did a good job as a mom

Gamaliel,

JWs tend to take away all natural affection sooner or later.

What did you mean by this? I don't believe that you mean a long time dub will lose their love for their own...........at least I hope not!

My daughter is a dub with two kids she loves to death and doubt that love will EVER go away. I think a witness can detest a family member who leaves the Organisation, but to lose their natural affection for them is stretching it a bit. Some here might disagree who's parents have turned on them and perhaps feel their parents loath them. Were the ex-dub child to die, I have to wonder if that "loathing" from the parents would disappear and the "natural affection" is what would really show.

Gumby

(edited because I can't spell worth a shit!)

• cat1759
    cat1759

To Everyone,

Thank you for your comments. It has been 16yrs. He just turned twenty on the 15July. He is gay and wonderful. He has no JWS indoctrination. He lives his life and enjoys it. He is leaving for Montreal on Friday for fun and good times. He goes up there with his friends and is so free up there.

My story was posted in 1996. I recieved so many experiences from others that were so heart wrenching and all I could do is cry. It was cathartic to post it on the net. It helped with the bitterness and hate I felt along with the guilt every parent feels.

Don't feel bad for me, I made it. Pray for those who are going through it and still in the organization. I am not the same person I was and never will be. It changed my life and those around me. The tidal waves that run through a family after all is done and said is just as bad as the abuse itself. It seems like I have been picking up pieces for years and finally I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

To every parent that this has happened to my heart bleeds for you. The decisions to leave and give up what you have known all your life is just as hard.

I am not sure where the elders are now, neither do I care. They will get theirs as nothing in this life goes unpunished. Might take some time but true righteousness will prevail.

Carol went on to get married and had a son that was abused by both her and her husband. Then she went on to have a set of twins. She let the little girl lay there for ten days with a broken arm. Yes DSS came in and took them away for a little while. After that I have no clue. They had moved to his congregation. I did my best to prevent it. Life will take whatever course it takes in spite of us. People will continue abuse until they are locked away from children or they die.

As long as the society continues to allow it as they have done since they began it will continue. I wrote the society a ten page letter asking for help. I needed to know how to get through this. No answer!

After the story was posted on the net and others emailed me I soon realized that what happened to my son was not a closed incident, that others were suffereing just like we had suffered.

All of us that had this happen, were parents who truly loved our kids. We had no idea that this was even possible. Let alone our children. We were all so shielded from the harsh realities of life. Then one day we have to make the toughest decision that we have ever been faced with.

My son was in therapy for along time. Actually the whole family.

We do make it in spite of it all.

Cathy

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Cathy~~~~~~~~

I want to say that I admire your whole family. The courage and strength to stand up for your son. I think its important to honor those places in life that brought so much pain. And to measure as individuals where you stand today and to be able to mark those changes as well.

I too, the only reason I left was abuse.

My children are adults and to watch them bloom and grow over the years. They know as a mother I will stand behind them still.

And to stand by your son who is gay . Is a testament in the relationship. I applaud you.

OCW

• waiting
    waiting

Hello ocw,

And to stand by your son who is gay . Is a testament in the relationship. I applaud you. - OCW

Interesting comment. Was going to comment more, but am going to assume that you meant this different than it appears to me, a mother of a gay son also.

I assume you meant the above as a compliment.

waiting

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

cat1759

Thanks for reposting this for us. As you were supported years ago when you posted this, many here will relate to your experience and will likewise benefit.

(((((hugs))))

waiting,

am going to assume that you meant this different than it appears to me, a mother of a gay son also.

I assume you meant the above as a compliment.

I took it as a complment. I understood oldcrowwoman to be contrasting the bad attitude of others with that of cat159 rather than commending her for loving her son despite he own bad feelings.

jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit