Some People Stay Witnesses Because They Don't Want To Think For Themselves

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Oz, I figured I'd give ya a treat and not ask a question and BOLDLY make a little statement.

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

minimus, the same can be said about republicans:) mark

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> Jehovah's Witnesses have been trained to become spiritually and mentally lazy.

>>>> They would rather let the Watchtower Society tell them not to have a transplant or blood transfusion.

>>>> They would rather have headquarters tell them that they cannot have sex a certain way.

>>>> They would prefer to have "God's mouthpiece" instruct them in the way of child-rearing or child-bearing. Jehovah's Witnesses have lost their ability to think.

>>>> People are mentally lazy. It's so much easier to blame someone or something else than deal with reality and actually DO something yourself.

>>>> Sadly, the vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses are non-thinkers.

>>>> I agree with you and therefore conclude that most Witnesses are lazy non-thinkers.

Gee, minimus, why don't you stop mincing words and just come right out and SAY what's on your mind!

>>>> Oz, I figured I'd give ya a treat and not ask a question and BOLDLY make a little statement.

Too funny! Posting on an ex-JW db that JW's are lazy non-thinkers is bold?!!

lol :D

• rocketman
    rocketman
    There is a comfort having someone dictate your life,

VS, you make a point that had come to my mind too. There's a certain "comfort" and security in it.

One time on sister and mother of several kids said she wished the WTS would provide a list of can and cannot-see movies; she did not want the difficult task of filtering through them herself to determine which ones were acceptable for her family. And also, she felt that if she made "wrong" or questionable choices, she'd be critcized in the congregation for allowing her kids to see whatever film she chose that others might find offensive. She evidently felt that. since she wouldn't be making such decisions, she could not then be blamed if things went awry.

• cornish
    cornish

I think its largely a matter of divulging responsibility,

Rather than making hard decisions in life and facing up to moral dilemas and such,its easier to shrug your shoulders with the,I was just following orders attitude,or as we had it put to us,if they make a mistake they will have to answer before Jehovah,so it was not seen as the problem of the rank and file,

We were to just,Be obedient to those taking the lead who would ultimately answer before Jehovah.

• minimus
    minimus

If we were just obedient sheep, who could fault us? We're just following orders. We're just doing what Jehovah God tells us. You see, we're not supposed to think. We are supposed to be told what to do. If we do as we're told, Jehovah will straighten out things in his due time.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If I were still a dub I would follow the rules, Whatever was wrong in life would not be my problem, "Pray and wait on Jehovah" People that I did not like ? They will all die at Armageddon soon anyway, so dont worry about them . Just keep busy "In the work of the Lord" and shun independant thinking.

Then you too can grow old having never seen the promises fulfilled. Too late you may realise you have wasted your life, but probably never want to admit it, better to die with your boots on in "Faithful service" and at least be well remembered by your brothers,

Was that not something like the cart horse in George Orwell's "Animal Farm"? - They worked him to death as well

BluesBrother, on his soapbox again

• cat1759
    cat1759

Now think about it. JWS have to read constantly their magazines and bible books. They have to read what is presented. They are constantly thinking.

How many of us were constantly thinking and not liking what we thought. What we questioned. I was always willing to wait on jehovah. My mom is a very smart woman. She would take us to the library all through our childhood and she would always be reading history, events, to see if what the organization had reported was true.

We were always reading and learning. There was no slacking on knowledge. I remember times mom questioned elders. I remember times they would come to the house just to have a great conversation with mom because she knew things that had never been presented.

Alot disliked my mom because she was always presenting new questions and they were not sure how to answer them so they would go back into the bible. If mom wasn't satisfied she would go searching on her own. My mom was once thought of in a horrible light because she questioned it all. She would pick apart an elder if she saw one bad tooth and make no bones about it. How many times she was counseled on humilty.

Now take this kind of knowledge and 20yrs later her grandchild gets molested. She knows what was done was wrong but by this time she has already done all the studying, all the learning, all the indoctrinating. Her life was in the organization. She would have to admit her whole life was a lie. Now at this point she knows if she stands with me she looses everything and everyone she has come to know and love. The respect for a woman who has pioneered for 25yrs. My god she is not a stupid unlearned woman. This is her life. I don't have the right to take that away and it is her desire to stay in something that has been important through her life.

My point is we were not drones. We all learned. We questioned and that is what brought us out today. Our questions got harder the new light changed and we decided it was time to cut the cord and leave.

Cathy

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Some People Stay Witnesses Because They Don't Want To Think For Themselves.

The above statement is true.

People fear and have become complacent in the works of the flesh because they do not see or feel the spirit that cries for truth and the will of GOD.

Mr. KIM

• minimus
    minimus

I would like to vote for a new thread killer......Mr. Kim. He's so deep that no one can respond to his comments.....or is it that we have no idea what the hell he's usually talking about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit