Saddam's Sons Confirmed Dead

by DevonMcBride 94 Replies latest social current

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

We've all seen (or should if you haven't) "Wag the Dog" and we know that there is always the possibility that none of this is real. It is possible that events are being cleverly manipulated by the governments. However, what I've personally seen of governments and their leaders leads me to believe that they are not nearly as clever as Robert de Niro in the movie, so I will take the news at face value while allowing for poetic license, out-and-out lies, and overdramatization.

And, death penalty debate aside, I'm glad those two evil men are dead. (Hope they are, anyway.)

Nina

• dubla
    dubla

will-

quoting articles that arent even free of spelling and grammatical errors really weakens your credibility.

prisca (and anyone else considering the possibility of a huge conspiracy)-

U.S. releases photos said to show Saddam sons' bodies

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/07/24/sprj.irq.sons/index.html

of course, plastic surgery does work wonders.......oh, and pictures can be faked....yeah, altered photos are possible, anyone whos ever flipped through a playboy knows that.........um, what else? oh, they couldve paid them both large sums of money to pose for the pictures, with a little help from the makeup guys at lucasfilm. the possibilities are endless really.

aa

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UNRealist,

These monsters were not assasinated, they were offered the opportunity to surrender and rejected it, they shot four US soldiers, these nuts choose to die. GOOD RIDDANCE.

Prisca,

Seems to me it was the media that created the Stories about Lynch, not the government. Tell ya what, why don't you volunteer to go over and look at the bodies for us. There's a big difference between rational doubt and conspiracy theory. You've crossed the line I think. I still love ya, you're sexy and all, I just disagree with you. Yes, you have the right to doubt, and part of my job is to defend that right.

I don't follow orders without question, not all orders are lawful, I have to evaluate and order that "pricks my spider senses".

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Well I am watching the news here in Orlando and they just showed pictures of both of them.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand the rationale behind the decision, but again the United States government is the largest hypocrite in the world.

"Do not show pictures of US soldiers killed in combat, it violates the Geneva Convention and is morally reprehensible"

meanwhile we will publicly display pictures of the bodies of leaders of the Iraq regime. Don't mind us. Do as we say, not as we do.

• Reborn2002
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

It seems like this is one topic everyone agrees on. Does this mean the death of Uday and Qusay is a moral absolute?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL @ Big Tex

• rem
    rem

Reborn,

I think we both know under normal circumstances those pictures would not have been published. These are unusual circumstances. The Iraqi people need proof that these murdering, torturing rapists are dead for their own peace of mind. It's not quite as bad as back in the day when body parts would be dragged in the streets. I can understand how this is probably a good thing for the Iraqi people and for the safety of the soldiers over there.

rem

Edited to add... oops... looks like I didn't read Reborn's post correctly. But in any case, I don't believe that showing the pictures is hypocritical. There are different motives behind showing pictures of POWs and casualties of war during war time and showing pictures of dead deposed and despised leaders to calm the people.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Oh I understand the given rationale behind the decision. Irregardless it is still hypocritical.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

So they think that the killing will stop when 3 more American soldier was killed today. Bush doesn't want to admit he is into another Vietnam. They say that Saddam was well read up on the Guerrilla war tactics that were used by the North Vietnamese against the American's. I still think this will only make them martyrs for there cause of fighting the evil Infidels.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit