Would you ever come back for someone you loved?

by micheal 32 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

If there was someone you were crazy about who went back to associating with jw's again and they asked you to come back too, only because to live dividedly for the rest your life would be just too hard and awkward. Would you do it? Keep in mind your role would be very limited, few meetings a month, couple hrs service a month etc.. I know "if" this was before me I would feel that I would never ever want to come back. I don't believe it is the truth, can't stand the control among other reasons. But at the same time it would be next to impossible to live without this special person.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Some can do that sort of thing almost effortlessly, some can't. It's not something I could pull off for more than a meeting or two.

• Nikita
    Nikita

Hi Michael.

When I think back to when I was younger (19-23) I have to say I would probably have gone back. But, with the passage of time comes some wisdom. And, I am 99% sure I would not go back.

Nikita

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

NO !

there are six billion people on this planet, I still have to meet about 5,999,800,000 of them yet, so I am sure I could find another.

The worst would be if you went back and had children with this person, then what.

• micheal
    micheal

My mind is saying one thing, but my heart is saying something else. If I went back I could never last, I just really really hate that organization and what it has done to me and to many others.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I love my mother, sister, and brother. I love my two nephews. I DID play the charade and go back for a while to have association with them despite the fact I knew JWism to be a fake charade.

You cannot live the lie for long.

Besides, you come to the realization that if you have to fake who you are for people to accept you, then they don't really care about you at all in the first place.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

No, I wouldn't. And someone I love would hopefully love me in return and not ask me to do something against my wishes.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

No, I wouldn't do it.

I wouldn't even go out with anyone who was even mildly entertaining the idea of returning or remaining a JW to simply: keep up with appearances.

A tightrope I dare not step upon with greased soles.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Wonderful responses given.

NO

My dad was the only person I would ever have thought about going back for. When he realized it was not something I could do because it would kill me, he stepped down as an elder. He would not turn me in and would not sit in on cases that he would have to vote to stay or go. He had had enough. Who was he to judge were his words to me. He loved me enough to let me make my own decision.

If a person loves another deeply, they will not ask you to do something that hurts you.

Like another poster said, there are billions of others and there is always going to be someone who we click with.

Cathy

• blondie
    blondie

Proverbs 26 11 As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly.

2 Peter 2 22 There has befallen them the thing spoken of in the true proverb, The dog turns back to his own vomit, and, The sow is washed only to wallow again in the mire.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit