Special Talk During the Meeting Today About the Bad Press in Canada

by RobertT18 45 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Listener
    Listener

It sounds like the reference to windstorm is the bad publicity and the negative responses they are getting. They can't appropriately call it persecution because it's not.

• Steel
    Steel

It's a Google French to English translation. That's the reason it reads awkward.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

sir82: In quebec, we have two main streams of news: Quebecor (TVA) and Radio Canada (CBC). TVA is known to be somewhat emotional and less reliable than Radio Canada. Since the death of that Mother that gave birth, TVA made several reports and interviews covering how this woman died for a lack of blood. Radio Canada also made some reports on the matter, but tended to be much more cautious as the report from the coroner had not been completed yet.

Hence, many JWs in Quebec believed that Quebecor are against them as one of their video producers happens to be an active apostate who even made a documentary on the matter. He even tricked the society into participating to his documentary!

Than, last week, Radio Canada produced a documentary on the issue of Pedophelia in the JWs; it was aired at prime time! Not only that, the journalist and main subjects of that documentary were invited to "Tout Le Monde En Parle". A show watched by 1/5 of the adult population.

Seeing that the JWs had the spot light on them by ALL the news outlet in Quebec for the last month or so, the watchtower felt cornered and produced that letter.

Now, many JWs are happy about that letter while others are saying: We are receiving numbers, statistics and testimonies from the "evil worldly people" and from God's perfect organization, we are receiving absolutely nothing but a letter that basically compared the Organization to Jesus himself.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Listener: They can't appropriately call it persecution because it's not.

The letter stated that Satan would do everything to stop the preaching work, including discouraging and distracting the JWs from their task. At first, when I saw this, I was surprised, than, I came to my sense, reminding myself how the Watchtower is regularly deceitful, and exclaimed: "Of course!".

• Splash
    Splash
    Listener: They can't appropriately call it persecution because it's not.

It's not persecution when they've done something wrong, it's accountability.
    That's like saying all criminals are being persecuted by the police. Nonsense.

Yet toss the word "persecution" into a JW conversation and everyone feels aggrieved that they are being exposed for being dangerous. Apply the same scrutiny to any other organisation and this proves that organisation is part of Satan's world.
    It boils down to JW's being unable to comprehend that they are ever wrong.

All this because they have among the worst procedures for dealing with child sex abuse compared to the rest of Satan's system.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Listener: "They can't appropriately call it persecution because it's not."

Splash: 'It's not persecution when they've done something wrong, it's accountability.

That's like saying all criminals are being persecuted by the police."

These concise,short summaries would be a great idea to memorize.

Persecution vs. Accountability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit