How Long Were You "In Transition" Before You Left The Organization?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

What fact/facts are you implying minimus?

• minimus
    minimus

"What if they're right?.......It's not wrong to still wonder".........Yes it is wrong to still wonder. The facts prove that there is not even a "faithful and discreet slave" class as the Watchtower Society wants you to believe. Why believe ANYTHING that comes from a lie? You shouldn't. What the Watchtower teaches is man-made doctrines. The blood issue, birthday celebrations, the inhumane treatment of disfellowshipped ones......these issues as they are taught by the Society is unchristian and against everything the Bible's principles. They are not "right".

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I don't recall saying that I believe everything the society teaches to be true. If I did I would be lying to myself. I agree with you that is is a man-made organization with man-made rules, but how you interpret those rules to be correct or incorrect is up to the individual themselves. Some teachings and ideas I still believe to be true. Does that make me any less of a person that I have not abandoned all wts teachings? I don't think so.

• minimus
    minimus

I was not implying that you would be any less of a person in this thread. All I'm saying is that if you KNOW this isn't the truth, then you would be wrong to doubt that it might still be. Then, if you know it isn't the truth, there's no need to wonder about whether it is or isn't. If you still have doubts that Jehovah's Witnesses are the "truth", then wonder as much as you need to. I might have mistakenly thought that you did not feel that JW's were the "truth".

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I have yet to come across anyone defining what the real TRUTH is. Its a general term with what could have a thousand different answers. I have my own answers and that is enough for me.

• minimus
    minimus

"The truth" as I have used it is a synonym for the Jehovah's Witness religion.

• Special K
    Special K

barbar... welcome to the forum. I'm glad you came on board.

outnfree...Thanks for sharing your story with us, it takes alot of courage to share in such a personal way. I feel honoured to be able to read your progression through all of this.Very brave.

Lady lee. I agree that it seem alot easier to leave now than 10 years ago when I left. I'm thrilled to find this forum and it gives support to those struggling with all the leaving J.W.'s issues. when I got the boot I had no one. No family, no friends, no life... but this internet stuff would have made my recovery far easier, happier and shorter.

How long did it take me to get out.. 1 year and then several more to get rid of all the webs strangling my thoughts.

Special K

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

About two years of transition for me.

Lee

• Vanant
    Vanant

I think I accepted the fact that I was doubting when I started reading this forum this year; that was the beginning of the end for me. Since I had been lukewarm in love towards the org for some time already, I didn't think I had anything to lose by reading "apostate" things. After reading about all of the scandals, people's experiences, and doctrinal fallacies, I knew for sure that it wasn't the truth. Now I'm in a physical transition period: I still need to keep the appearance of working towards baptism because I still live with my father (who would most likely become violent if I were to tell him the truth); it helps that I've been able to get out of going to meetings because I've been sick (the only good thing about being chronically ill). This charade will probably end once my family splits up sometime next year. Of course, I still have some emotional issues to work through, but at least now I'm positive that JWism is nothing but BS.

Actually, now that I think of it, it was quite early on that I first began mentally drifting away; I think I was about 10 or 11 years old . . . I would daydream about leaving the organization someday and becoming a witch. (I had the habit of sneaking in fantasy novels from the library and hiding them in my sock drawer; thank dog for the library!) But I still believed it was the "truth" then; I just knew I couldn't possibly follow it. Later on, I abandoned thoughts of leaving, and accepted that I was going to die in Armageddon. I went through the motions of becoming a publisher and studying the literature, but in my heart I felt that I had no future. What a cruel organization that makes children feel that way. :(

• betrayed
    betrayed

I am still in though i started browsing the net since 1998.I am very much convinced its all bullshit to be jw. I'm still a M.S but dont go out in the field for the last 2 yeras (i am surprised myself how i managed i report some are always false). Many of my friends have the same view but family,friends etc etc. they are all just sticking around ,just statistics(unproductive jws).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit