How Long Were You "In Transition" Before You Left The Organization?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

weeks, months, years???

• Hamas
    Hamas

A few seconds.

I made my mind up there and then.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Years.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

almost 2 years

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I was dfed in 84 but it was 10 long years of still being under their control before I got the courage to start reading anything about them

Transition time = 10 years

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was a believing walkaway for 18 years.

• minimus
    minimus

so far, only Hamas "in a few seconds" got out. It seems for the majority it takes YEARS.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Min I think that for those who have left recently it is a lot easier especially once they are on the internet and have access to all the infomation out there.

For many who left years ago we were very isolated. Most of us had no one to talk to - certainly not other people who had left.

I think too the recent scandals in the org have quickly opened people's eyes and once open it becomes hard to close them again

• Swan
    Swan

From July of 1986 to January of 1994. I had doubts before that, but was really trying to make it all work. In 1986, I quit trying and just played along until I finally gathered the courage to leave.

Leaving your entire family behind is a powerful incentive to do the double life thing the Society always complains about. Just think, if they eased up on the shunning thing, they wouldn't have so big a problem with people pursuing a double life.

Tammy

• Hamas
    Hamas

Tammy, I just luv ur dog !!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit