To Those Who Believe That GOD Exists - Prove It!

by SpannerintheWorks 48 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*hands teejay tickets to a chicken farm tour, lol*

I live on the West Coast of Florida, near Clearwater Beach. When I go to the beach and check out the women, all I can say is,"Oh my God!" That's all the proof I need! Maverick
    Yeah Mav, that's the one little thing that keeps me in the agnostic column, as opposed to being a filthy athiest like some people around here
  • Guest 77
    Guest 77

Here's proof coming your way. http://www.local6.com/news/2310988/detail.html

Guest 77

• gumby
    gumby
    Also, the great divide between mankind and the other species on earth is too vast to be fully explained by any other way than creation.

IW.....,

The more I realise traits in people, the more I wonder that were not just a different breed.

Gumby

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I get this an email "devotional" everyday from this man's website. A born-again friend of mine put me on his list. I sent a email to have them stopped, and they did for awhile, and then they started again. Maybe they notified my friend. Some of them can be a bit surreal to read. And today, I just happened to get one that addresses this specific topic.

Anyway, here is one fundamentalist's explaination on why God does exist.

Bold and italics mine.

"Instead, when anyone asks me "does God exist?" I tell them ABSOLUTELY.
    When they ask me to prove it, I tell them to do two things. First, go look
    in a mirror, and second, go outside and look into the sky. When you look
    into a mirror and see yourself, YOUR EXISTENCE is one of the greatest proofs
    there is that God exists
    . After all, one of the questions all men
    throughout human history have asked themselves is, "where did I come from?"
    Evolution and other theories have all proven to be impossible. There is
    only one plausible, legitimate explanation, and that is GOD CREATED US. If
    God created us, then God must exist.

When you go outside and look into the sky, the EXISTENCE OF THIS WORLD
    is one of the greatest proofs there is that God exists. Man from the
    beginning of
    time has asked "how were the heavens and earth made?" There have been
    numerous
    theories put forth, but all have fallen woefully short of even coming close
    to explain
    how the world in which we live was created. There is only one plausible,
    legitimate
    explanation, and that is GOD CREATED IT.

Of course those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ and know that the
    Bible is God's inspired, inerrant Word simply go to Genesis Chapter One.
    The existence of God is a given fact. Those who have made the choice to
    reject Christ in the their life, will in many cases also reject the
    existence of God. It is easier for them to live with themselves by
    believing that there is no God, that Jesus is a story like Santa Claus, and
    that the Bible is just a book of fables. This way, they can live their life
    however THEY choose, free in their own mind from being accountable to
    anyone. These people will rely on incredible arguments, unproven scientific
    studies
    , and anything that they can find to deny God exists so that they can
    feel better in their rejection of Him. For people like this, you will never
    convince them God exists through arguments.
    The best thing to do is to pray
    for them, since the God they reject is able to open their hearts to His
    reality and love for them.

I love you and care about you so much. Only a fool would ever doubt the
    existence of God. As a matter of fact, it would take greater faith than I
    could ever dream of having, to even question whether God exists."

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think there is something that might vaguely resemble the common god image. That that entity created the earth and everything on it is really questionable, totally unprovable. Others could have done it.

Those who see proof in nature or their own existence of a loving omniscient creator, have a lot of explaining to do. Nature is beautiful, certainly, and inspiring, but it is heavy w every kind of barbarity and suffering. Parasites and virii have already been presented as evidence. Do you enjoy listening to birds sing in your yard? What exactly are they 'saying' most of the time? Black birds spent about half their vocal efforts at warning or driving other birds or even you away, the equivalent of **** off, **** off, **** off. Robins and starlings are similar, although not as aggressive.

How about fish? Here is a wierd one. Tell me your loving omniscient creator made this!

--------

23/06/03

Rare ‘Alien’ fish netted off Irish Coast

A STRANGE-LOOKING marine species which provided the inspiration for blockbuster Alien films has been netted off the Irish coast.
    Global warming may have attracted the rare South American species, the Black Widow, into deep water fisheries off the south west.

The bulbous black fish traps males for mating and they stay attached for the rest of their lives.

The dead Black Widow was netted by trawler skipper Sean Conneely 200 miles off the coast.

Normally, the fish can keep males alive on its body for 30 to

40 years by feeding them blood.

The fish, hunted by deep sea anglers in warm waters, has been sent to a natural history museum. Dingle Oceanworld director Kevin Flannery said the fish can live f up to 120 years.

Examining the fish, he said a number of rare specimens have been discovered off the Irish coast in recent years due to increasing sea temperatures. “These angler fish were used as inspiration for the Alien films because they are so weird-looking.

“The fish is extremely big and black and lives in depths of up to three miles It’s pitch dark, so the female leaves out her scent which attracts the males. When the male injects for fertilisation and is attached to the fish, she clamps him and he can’t withdraw. The male it kept there for life and degenerates down to about one-hundredth of the size of the female.”

Mr Flannery said females hang on to the males, because they so seldom meet them in the deep. Some females have more than one male attached.

------------

I could supply more, but you get the idea. While i think that evolution got some kind of help, i don't see why people instantly point to the chritian version of a loving omniscient god as having to be the one. If a higher being/s helped evolution, nature tells me that it was experimenting, or was far from omniscient, certainly was not love personified.

SS

• Dawn
    Dawn

How did you get to that conclusion?

No one has all the answers - believers in God or Athiests - there are unanswerable questions on both sides. But for myself, when I studied anatomy and biology (college) and learned how each of our body parts are so intricately dependent on one another I knew that there had to be a design behind it. If we simply evolved - then which came first...our digestive system? Perhaps it was our respiratory system, or our immune system, or circulatory system? Most of our "parts" can not live without the support of the other "parts" - so they must have come into existence at exactly the same time - a quantum problem for evolutionists to explain.

One other thing that has puzzled me - if the universe was formed by the big bang - then why does one of the planets in our solar system spin the opposite direction from the rest?

• mouthy
    mouthy

I agree entirely with KGB Well said my friend..

• donkey
    donkey

The good news: God does exist

The bad news: He is the guy you call the devil - the one worshipped by the other fellow whom you condemn.

Watching believers engage in their mental-masturbation is more exciting and definitely more funny than any gameshow or season of reality TV.

Jack

• avengers
    avengers

The Watchtower has proven it over and over and you still don't believe it?

OMG.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit