To Those Who Believe That GOD Exists - Prove It!

by SpannerintheWorks 48 Replies latest jw friends

• KGB
    KGB

aztec,

Be careful you dont get worms from eating the raw fish, seen a program on discovery on people who get worms, someone on the show got it from eating raw fish. It was pretty graphic when he was saying about when he went to the bathroom to poop and this elongated object came out of his anus and when he tried to pull it out it would not come out. He went to the Doc to find he had worms....Ewwwwwwwwwwww

• Aztec
    Aztec

KGB hon, not all sushi contains raw fish. But I'll consider myself warned okay?

~Aztec

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I agree with the previous posters that you really can't 'prove' whether God exists or not.

I've served on several juries throughout my life and one of the interesting things about getting a conviction is that evidence doesn't need to be clear-cut, but can be circumstantial. If you have 2 eyewitnesses videotaping someone murdering someone, then there is no doubt. But you can convict someone with only motive, opportunity, and bits of evidence like unique shoeprints, dna, fingerprints, etc. etc. (except if you're O.J.)

Anyway, the point is, my experience with the existence of God is circumstantial... A+B+C+D+E+F = G od ... some of the numerous circumstancial evidence is of a physical nature, others are of a spiritual nature, but put them all together, and for me, there is no question, but an absolute conviction that indeed their is a personal God.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Bradley,

How do you account for such things as viruses, parasites (charming critters perfectly "designed" to feed off other creatures), earthquakes, etc.?

For as much harmony and beauty that there is in nature one can find chaos, disorder and suffering.

As far as we know all life on earth has a beginning and an end. That is the way it is right now. The dangers of viruses and earthquakes is nothing compared to the destructiveness of mankind. We are the most destructive and cruelest species on earth, yet the most intelligent. Quite a paradox.

The existence of purpose in much of the natural world logically leads to the conclusion that there is a purpose also to why things are the way they are. It, imo, can be compared to a man from a primitive society finding a modern house. He quickly learns the purpose of doorknobs and hinges, he understands the versatility of windows that open and shut and the purpose of the screens on the windows etc. He may turn the knob on the stove and figure out its purpose and he may even learn to understand the purpose of the refrigerator. What puzzles him though is what kind of man would put in every room several small holes that lead to a vast and dangerous energy source, all of them placed at a height that would easily entice very small children and if touched would kill them?

He can assume that the builder of the house loves killing little children or he can conclude that since it appears that most things in the house have a purpose the placing of the small holes at that height also must serve a purpose.

BTW -- A couple days ago you said you do not believe in the infallibility of the Bible. I take it then that you do not believe in the Judeo-Christian God. Are you a deist of sorts?

I believe in God, I have not adopted any labels.

IW

• KGB
    KGB

People blame God for a lot of things that man actually cause. Saying if there was a God then why are there earthquakes and etc. So then I guess we should blame God for creating the car, which makes polution,which causes people to get cancer. Is this Gods fault? I hardly doubt it. Like I said earlier, Mans imperfections has caused most disasters and atrocities. We are destroying this earth and when we destroy it it destroys us. Just like the ozone layers burning up, hell I can say I dont remember worring about skin cancer when I was a kid but you sure as hell got to worry about it now. Get my drift ?

• KGB
    KGB

aztec,

I thought that sushi was raw fish?

• freedom96
    freedom96

I just cannot accept that we just happen to exist.

Someone, in my opinion, had to create all this.

All I have to do is look at my baby and know that somehow all this is really amazing.

• Nickey
    Nickey

KGB,

I use to think that too. I stared at it for a while and the guy was telling me some have just rice and veggies in them wrapped in seaweed or somethin'. He rolled them in sesame seeds. I can't get with the wasabi sauce though. The green paste... horse radish sauce. And then they had some with snail eggs on it. Aaaaaaah!

I also heard something about cooking the fish with lemon juice or smoking them. Don't recall.

This is so off topic. *lol*

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL @ Six - even if I don't agree with your conclusions, I love your sense of humour
    ~can't stop chuckling~

Aztec:
    Wasabi mmmmm

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

This is my perspective. There exists the universe. If it always existed, than it is God. If not (and it seems to me that scientists say it is not eternal) than it had a beginning and a Creator. And that Creator is God who had no beginning. Since He eternally existed He had no need to come from someone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit