To Those Who Believe That GOD Exists - Prove It!

by SpannerintheWorks 48 Replies latest jw friends

• seedy3
    seedy3

God does exist, I'm right here!!! If you want your prayer answered, Just deposit money in LARGE amounts into my bank account and I will see what I can do.

Seriously however I agree with the prevous posters, there is no proof either way, it's just a feeling and I'm feeling there iddn't one.

Seedy

• KGB
    KGB

This really blows me away,, Now take it easy on me fellas, but how can anyone look around them , look at the universe, all the beautiful trees and plants, flowers water, beautiful people, Everything around us and say that there is not a creating God ? No I just can't find any answers to not believe in God but I sure can find all the answers in believeing in him.
    From my own experience when I am away from God my life is not happy, I am without inner peace with myself and with others. But when I put God into my life I find a feeling of goodness and happiness inside. So what is it then that does that to me if there is not a God.? It's funny also that we see in people two ways, one being a good person and the other being the bad person, does not the bible teach of good and evil or (bad)....I don't know folks but I feel I can find more reasons to believe in God than to not believe in God.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Spanner-

What a silly question. Look around you. Haven't you heard of volcanoes and earthquakes and tornadoes and floods and hurricanes and electrical storms? These are acts of God!! Absolute proof of his existence.

Ya gotta accept the good with the bad, right?

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

well i exist, so god must exist too.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

I believe in God because the existence of a creator is the best and most logical explanation for our own existence.

The variety, the beauty, and the simplicity of the natural things we see around us cannot all be fully explained by any other possibility, imo. Symmetry abounds not only in design but in purpose and use.

Also, the great divide between mankind and the other species on earth is too vast to be fully explained by any other way than creation.

These are some of the reasons why I came to the conclusion that God exists.

IW

• logansrun
    logansrun

IW,

How do you account for such things as viruses, parasites (charming critters perfectly "designed" to feed off other creatures), earthquakes, etc.?

For as much harmony and beauty that there is in nature one can find chaos, disorder and suffering.

Bradley

BTW -- A couple days ago you said you do not believe in the infallibility of the Bible. I take it then that you do not believe in the Judeo-Christian God. Are you a deist of sorts?

• KGB
    KGB

I think it comes from when Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden tree and sinned for God said if you eat from this tree you will for surely die. His originall plan was for us to live in perfection without death at all but he was kind and gave us the freedom of choice between right and wrong just like you have the choice of right and wrong today. They unfotunantley choose wrong no thanks for Lucifer. So when sin happened they were kickied out of the Garden and the Garden destroyed. Sin is bad and with bad we get disasters, sickness and poverty. Have you ever thought that because man is so imperfect that with his imperfection life will follow suit. Imperfect man Imperfect life it all goes hand in hand.

I believe that if they had not sinned we all would still be living in a perfect world and the whole earth a garden. Thats not a JW belief either that is what I get as an understanding from scripture..

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*pats KGB's pointy head*

• Aztec
    Aztec

KGB,

From my own experience when I am away from God my life is not happy, I am without inner peace with myself and with others. But when I put God into my life I find a feeling of goodness and happiness inside. So what is it then that does that to me if there is not a God.?

Well, I get the same feeling when I've had good sushi. Nothing brings inner peace like a wasabi high!

~Aztec

• Hamas
    Hamas

The God you worship is in your heart.

If he helps you, comforts you, and gives you strength, then he is real to you. If he helps you through your day, he is real to you.

I would never push athiest ideas onto a believer of God, I don't think it is right. If it is good for you, and helps you, use it. Athiests should keep their ideas to themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit