To Those Who Believe That GOD Exists - Prove It!

by SpannerintheWorks 48 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

~still chuckling at pointy head joke~
    I know, it's inane, but it's hit my funny bone - LOL

• Ariell
    Ariell
    Now take it easy on me fellas, but how can anyone look around them , look at the universe, all the beautiful trees and plants, flowers water, beautiful people, Everything around us and say that there is not a creating God ?

How can you look at all the pain and suffering and think that he actually cares? Maybe there is a creator, but it's clear to me he or she is being held hostage or either dead. God may even be the evil one. And all this time we thought it was the devil?!?!? Satan help us!!!!!!

• Ariell
    Ariell
    From my own experience when I am away from God my life is not happy, I am without inner peace with myself and with others. But when I put God into my life I find a feeling of goodness and happiness inside. So what is it then that does that to me if there is not a God.?

I would liken that to the placebo effect, when a person is given a sugar pill instead of the real deal. They claim to feel better after taking this pill, but in actuality the medicine that they think has cured them doesn't even exist within their bodies. It's a figment of their imagination. The cure only exists within their minds. It has been proven that people with optimism heal better than those without it. Your happiness comes from a belief, not God's power. Don't mean to offend, just one of my many strong convictions.

• Ariell
    Ariell
    I believe that if they had not sinned we all would still be living in a perfect world and the whole earth a garden. Thats not a JW belief either that is what I get as an understanding from scripture..

Why did God not kill Satan the instant he turned bad? How would he have tested Adam and Eve if Satan hadn't turned against him? Would he have tested them at all? What would have happened if only Eve ate the fruit and not Adam? We'd be half imperfect, half perfect? Didn't God know what his creation would do before even creating it? Why are aggressive animals such as alligators and lions equipped and made for killing weaker prey (e.g sharp teeth) if they were intended to live together in peace? Why do they kill at all? Did the sin passed on to us apply to them to? How could that be when they're not offspring of Adam and Eve? Why did God create dinosaur and then kill them off? Never did understand that one.

• Ariell
    Ariell

Creationists seem to only focus on questions that the bible can answer, but rarely do they ever ask the questions the bible cannot answer and never will. I'm not saying for a 100% certainity there is no God, but there are too many loose ends, too many things that don't add up to just simply believe in something because a black book says you should.

I'm neither creationist, atheist, nor evolutionist. I'm an IDK. That's right, an I don't knower. Everyone else would do well to follow my lead. : )

Sorry about the multi-post. The forum won't allow me to submit posts that are too long. : (

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ariel:

I'm an IDK. That's right, an I don't knower. Everyone else would do well to follow my lead.

Ah, another cult in the making. Are you the founding member?

~still chuckling at pointy head joke - and it's the next morning~

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Frightening thought here....

Maybe no one knows how they came to that conclusion. I know in my experience that I didn't know anything about God. Oh, I went to sunday school and such, but God? Or coming to the conclusion that he exists? And life happened and one day JWs came to my door and taught me that God exists... hmmmm... not my own conclusion... just a teaching....I wonder if it's a personal conclusion or a teaching......

Just my two

Inq

edited to add... and KGB... about the worms???? Thanks for sharing.....*shudders*

• Maverick
    Maverick

I live on the West Coast of Florida, near Clearwater Beach. When I go to the beach and check out the women, all I can say is,"Oh my God!" That's all the proof I need! Maverick

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I am trying to understand how *sin* causes poverty? Anyone know? They did not cover *Sin* in Econ class at the university. Perhaps we need to let the profs know that they really missing the *real* reason for it....

*Walks away, scratching her head, wondering if she has worms.*

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> Just ask AGuest. -- Reborn2002

I wish she *would* come along and supply some proof, but she doesn't normally post to other people's threads.

>>> he went to the bathroom to poop and this elongated object came out of his anus and when he tried to pull it out it would not come out...

Myyyy GOOODNESS, KGB!!! That almost ruined my appetite!

Please remind me to stick to the (cooked) chicken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit