What stupid question would you like to ask?

by logansrun 85 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

All right, all right, all right..........I've thought about it and I'm being too cold and cutting in this thread (and a couple others). Although I just can't understand certain things that go on in the noodle of some people I am being a little too polemical. Excuse my bad mannerlyness while I go take a walk.

My apologies.

Bradley

• JH
    JH

To say something positive about this thread, I did learn something here. Yes we can all think abit further before posting or starting threads, I agree. Often I had nothing to say and started a thread on anything just because I had a thread available. There is a wide audience out there, and what we post should be of a minimum quality and accuracy when it comes about talking about the organization.

• minimus
    minimus

Good. Now start that other thread you were talking about the other day.

• logansrun
    logansrun

JH,

Good. See -- something productive came from all this. I agree with your conclusions.

Minimus,

I did. See my topic history and you will find the thread "Apostate Logical Fallacies"

Bradley

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bradley:

I couldn't understand how my peers -- and practically everyone else in the congregation -- could just "go with the flow" when it came to what we were learning and preaching. It was inconceivable to me at the time, and I still feel this way.

I guess everyone is different. That doesn't mean one way isn't better than the next, though.

This is pretty much the point I was trying to make. Just because we don't understand another's viewpoint doesn't make them an imbecile, nor worthy to be treated as such. Nor does it mean they deserve to be antagonised. The golden rule here is that there are LOTS of hurting people, and such behaviour is likely to hit more than the usual nerves.

Your apology is noted and as I said before, I've always enjoyed your posts, just play nice, yeah?

(btw - lassies are girls )

• gumby
    gumby
    I couldn't understand how my peers -- and practically everyone else in the congregation -- could just "go with the flow" when it came to what we were learning and preaching. It was inconceivable to me at the time, and I still feel this way.

I guess everyone is different.

Thanks Little Toe for saying everything I wanted to say concerning this you thought stealing dude you!

I just want to point out what Bradley said in the bold type.

This little one liner right here is what causes many of mans problems because we have a hard time dealing with.......everyone being different. It's nice to see humility bradley shown by yourself on this matter.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit