Should I Convert to Become a MORMON??

by Latte 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• amac
    amac

Great list Alleymom, thanks!

The only good thing about being a Mormon is that if you are really good you get to become a God yourself and have your own planet to play with!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    They DO shun former members

WRONG, this just is NOT true.... they do not shun, they try to help those that have been disassociated with the church either by excommunication or disfellowshipping, I know that for a FACT. I have had several morman friends, and they're the best. I've been to their church meetings, and while I have truouble with some of the doctrines, I enjoyed the experience more than some other churches I attended. They are a nice group of people.... if you want to socialize - you could do a lot worse.

And as far as some of your anti-morman postings....a lot of them are ignorant and laughable.

Lastly, I'm talking about Mormans here in California, which, I understand, tend to be a bit more laid back... so if any of you have had other experiences, so be it.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi Double edge. I live in southern Idaho. The place is full of mormons. While many of them are very nice people individually, as a group, they tend to want to run things their own way. In agreement with their religion. This falls over into political actions and police and sheriffs depts.

My comment about about over working their women folk is based on observing and what I was told by a neurologist in Salt Lake City Utah.

My ex wife, still a jw was having major migrain headaches. These things are awful and debilitating.

We went to see this neurologist and one of his first questions was,"are you guys mormon"?

We said no and told him we were jw's. I asked him why, he had asked? He tells us that a major part of his practice is mormons and they demand so much from their women, that the stress is overwhelming for many of the women. He was prescribing anti depressants and anti anxiety meds for hundreds of mormon women.

Being loyal j-dubs at that time we both assured him that, this is not the case here.

I was a lot dumber at that time than I am now.

There is a woman here in town whose husband is a mormon bishop. They are very nice people.

She is on the go all day and into the night. At this point she is seemingly happy and willing. One of their young daughters was diagnosed as having esophagial spasms lately. They were told by the Dr. that it must be from stress. The daughters are into all kinds of clubs and events. All of which seem to me, to be good for youngsters. But too much is too much.

I have nothing big against mormons, but facts are facts and they are like many other cults in this respect.

Outoftheorg

• Latte
    Latte

WOW! Thanks you so much for all the info….I will definitely look it all up. I have just recovered from a Migraine so have just got out of bed - looks like I will have to put them off for tomorrow! At least it will give me more time to be prepared.

I have to admit that I am a little tempted to attend one of their meetings…. just to imagine how any ‘interested person’ might have felt walking into a K.Hall full of cult members LOL

One thing which I wanted to check out was their strange comment that they had a prophet there in UTAH….A PROPHET!!! I always view anyone’s claim of their being a prophet as utter CRAP. Just a control/fear tactic…. to come up with a PROPHET….Rubbish! Now that alarmed me, made me think that these young men are having the strings of their lives pulled by some money grabbing dude in UTAH…..Just like being a dub.

Having said that….they only have to do their ministry for TWO years….now THAT IS GOOD!!

KGB

Thanks for the advice! May I ask why is it that you can offer such advice when you clearly have an addiction problem yourself ????

• mustang
    mustang

Being a JW is more cost effective: you can "stiff 'em" @ the Contribution Box. (They deserve this.)

Mormons are a different story: they will send you a BILL!!!

Mustang

• Englishman
    Englishman

No smoking.

No tea.

No LATTE!

Englishman.

• integ
    integ

NO

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This was good timing. I just had the Mormon's call, and tell me once again how they are the only true church, and everyone else is wrong.

DoubleEdge:
    You should allow for local variation. Here in Britain (where both Latte and myself live) I can assure you that the Mormon's behave in such a way.
    If you think that some of the postings are "ignorant and laughable", perhaps you'd like to point out where...

KGB:
    Do you have issues with this board? If so, why are you still posting here?

Latte:
    Hope the migraine clears. You really will want to be on top form, when talking to them. It doesn't pay to be at any disadvantage.
    They'd probably like to visit the house every other day, but I suggest that you allow it to be no more often that weekly visits. Just a suggestion

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Don't forget to ask about the special underwear that only Mormons wear.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Good call, Jerry, including the Masonic symbols stitched onto them.
    If JS wasn't a Mason, he certainly was another cult-starting-masonic-wannabe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit