Bumped Into One Of My Best Friends On The Carts This Morning

by pale.emperor 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Its the same no matter where, or when. I have experienced the same exact "one liners" that they ALWAYS throw out to ya.

"You know its the truth". "Come back to Jehovah". "We miss you, blah blah blah blah"

There is NO true substance, or empathy, or heartfelt compassion, from them. Its just robotic, canned, pre rehearsed nonsense.

P.E. YOU showed a REAL expression of friendship. YOU reached out, both literally with your hand, and kindly with your heart. YOU were the better person, but its not even about being "better", its about being HUMAN, and loving.

They always throw "words and expressions" around, like "natural affection", and "brotherly love", and "true Christian brotherhood", and "love among themselves".

Meanwhile, we know, it really is all BULLS$%T. Its just nonsense, Cult, "buzz words", that makes them think they have the "truth". Its shamefull really, and if they truly did express and feel, and have LOVE, they would have HUGGED you, and embraced you, and looked in your eyes and said, "I MISS YOU", "HOW ARE YOU".

THATS love, and thats what YOU tried to show him. Your sentence of "whos being Christlike here", was brilliant, and TRUE, and i hope it sticks in his head for as long as it can.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s amazing how this organisation manages to put the blame for family destruction on the person who is being shunned. And JWs really believe this version of reality too. Quite astonishing.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

You are right on the money Dunedain. Reading that was nearly as good as my first Friday afternoon beer that I just cracked.

Cult, "buzz words" - that is all thy are.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Love, Love, LOVE this:

Me: It is fixed. My life is actually perfect right now. I have real friends, real family and no reason to shun anybody. [emphasis by Aude}

And this was so good, too:

Me: Real family? I haven't heard from them in three years.

"And who's fault's that?"

Me: Well, the Watchtower society obviously.

Brilliant. All of it.

Thank you for sharing this conversation. Really it hits on the best points when talking to JWs. Be kind. Be real. Emphasize what is good with our lives. Short and sweet. And very kind.

Sorry you were treated poorly. I hope the rest of your day was better.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You did good PE. A really human response. It takes great courage to be real in the face of this fake religion.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I keep replaying the scene in my mind. His knee-jerk reaction to seeing me was between fear and hate. But then I know that's how they've been conditioned to feel about ex-members. That we "know it's the truth" but we're "bitter" or "hateful" to JWs. This was a very rare occasion where I genuinely wasn't going to talk about religion to a JW. I really was just glad to see him again.

I keep thinking of what I should have said and what I'd liked to have said. But I'll know for next time that no matter how close we were to a JW, even if we we're related - they just dont want to know.

Very sad indeed.

• jambon1
    jambon1

He sounds like a robotic cunt.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

@ DunedainRight on the spot. Spoken like a true descendant of the kings of Numenor.

The hollow phrases and empty words - bits of their "spiritual" junk food, swallowed mindlessly and regurgitated by the drones, just add insult to injury. Disgusting.

• steve2
    steve2

JWs try to grab the high moral ground on everything they do in the public domain. From their perspective, it’s not shunning - it’s a provision to keep themselves clean and to make you see the error of your ways. Cognitive dissonance has them reframing your view as continuing to really believe it’s the truth and being too proud to acknowledge it.

That is how they cope in a high control group. There is no room for fellow feeling and empathy. You are the bad guy, they the good. End of story.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    But I'll know for next time that no matter how close we were to a JW, even if we we're related - they just dont want to know. -PE

The trouble is they're so invested in it all being true. If it isn't they've thrown away an education, a good job, probably married the wrong person because they had to marry only in the Lord. They've given up birthdays, Christmas, parties, dating, experimenting with sex. They've worn themselves out for a stupid, meaningless cult and their whole lives are a waste of time if you're right. So you have to be wrong, bitter, a bad person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit