Bumped Into One Of My Best Friends On The Carts This Morning

by pale.emperor 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

So sad!!!!!!!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sorry Pale for how your old friend treated you. One thing you said so much for the new personality. My thinking is he does have that so called new personality. The personality of the wt cult. Very sad how he felt your life was bad since you left the cult. The cult mind can't wrap their minds around life can be good after leaving the cult. It's all about us against them mentality. You stood your ground and took the high road. Very good example to follow. Thank you for the story. Still Totally ADD

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry he treated you that way. Glad you and your family are happy and healthy! Hope the rest of your family finds their way out someday.

I tried explaining a scenario very similar to this with my jw years ago when talking about real friends vs jw friends. He didn't believe it could happen if he ever left the org. I wonder if he believes it now or has seen it first hand yet?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Excellently handled.

"Who's being Christ-like here?"

I'll bet he was agitated by that for the rest of the day!

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I don't get their reasoning that the ones who choose to leave are the ones who break up the family.

Love, family and friendship should not be conditional upon having the same religious views. Why can't jws see this??

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Look at you PE all trying to change yourself into an angel of light. They know who you are Devil, get behind them. Lol, isn't all so stupid? It's all your fault that they have to do this awful shunning thing. How dare you write those articles in the cult literature that interpret scripture a certain way? To top it off, you wrote them such that if people don't follow your words to shun then they might get shunned too. Evil man, just evil. It's clearly all your fault.

Sorry man, you probably knew the outcome but it still stings on a level. They are so brainwashed and they just can't see it. I couldn't, and neither could most of us, when we were in.

I too enjoyed your comment on being Christ-like. You handled it well. They want you to see them, feel shame, and slink away. You stood up like an adult human and made them act like children.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I luv how this El-DUH "pulled you aside", as if he had some sort of imaginary authority over you. More like, he didn't want to the rest of his group to see how he REALLY is. (a fuggin' prick!)

The best part of your experience? Hearing how you have managed to have good parenting relations with your ex-wife and her partner. That she actually escaped as well, and although you two didn't work out, you all can still remain civil enough to raise your daughter together. Bravo!

Your "Real Family" are a bag of dicks for treating you like they have. Your former friend can shove his imaginary power and guilt trips where the New Light doesn't shine.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey mate! Wow. So sorry to hear.

Your experience is SO similar to what I have had occur - eerily similar!

Please know that there are far more friends WITH you, than against you! 😀❤️

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Wait wait back up the truck, your wife has a partner and your daughter lives with you? Ok I must of missed a thread you started. If not do tell!!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Any cult member is a preprogrammed robot and we cannot expect basic Humanity in them.

I was thrown out of a JW dinner party, all because I researched about the WT and questioned it.

That’s my experience. Take heart and continue making the best out of your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit