Fw: As Bro Sydlick was saying the closing prayer

by NikL 40 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I never met the man(or any of the GB) but I have heard several of them from the stage. I ignore the rumors and gossip from Bethel.

To me, Sydlik was the most down to earth acting of any of the GB that I had heard speak. He would crack a joke or speak from the heart. I remember him saying things that no elder could ever get away with. But even though I enjoyed his talks, I sensed an underlying power trip was being played out. He liked the attention. He wanted the attention. I sensed that he knew that the average dub liked him more than the other members of the GB. On this popularity, he sought to gain even more attention. His crying jag at the DC lends itself to my theory. How else to make the brethren adore you even more than to break down in prayer to show how humble and meek you are? In short, I believe it to be an act. I have no proof, no circumstantial evidence, but from hearing him speak and watching him work the crowd in person, I have to go with that theory until proven wrong.

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

I think he was crying because he propositioned a gay jw teen who turned him down and then later committed suicide. It was all covered up very nicely by the WT Legal Dept so we may never know what really happened.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Lol Chevelle

Nice for resurrecting this ☝️

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sydlick wasn’t a kiddy fiddler. If he was that’s the first I’ve heard. Please show me links.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I think he was crying because he propositioned a gay jw teen who turned him down and then later committed suicide.

I thought that was Ewart Chitty. He was removed from the GB, ousted from Brooklyn Bethel and sent to London Bethel where he was given a back room job and told to keep quiet. He was assigned to a local congregation where he was very popular.

George

• HOTB
    HOTB

Met him at the Berlin convention after the wall came down. I was awe struck by meeting the man in person. He was lovely. I was a young pioneer and very much 'in the zone' at the time. None of the new GB have the same aura of genuine status. There is a huge difference between the GB I grew up with and the ones of today. The org we see now is totally different. The beliefs are different. Hence a very thankful 17 years of freedom from them for me.

• Chevelle
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Yeah? So? What's the point?

• Chevelle
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

Chevel : I read the link you posted. Like the thread I’d dismiss this Dan Sydlic thing as mere nonsense, that is unprovable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit