Fw: As Bro Sydlick was saying the closing prayer

by NikL 40 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, indulge me a minute. I am going to put myself in some imaginary shoes for a moment.

Daniel scanned the great auditorium. From where he stood, he could see the faces for only a few rows, but every one was adoring, faithful, humble. Row after row faded back to a patchwork of sober greys and splashes of colour as gay as a crazy quilt. Good and faithful sheep. Sheep who stayed true through every twist and turn of doctrine. The burden is heavy, so heavy. A few short years, only a few short years and he would no longer be there to guide them. Who would take care of them, and watch over them as he had?

The lawyers and the directors? They care only for the pocketbook.

The next generation? They are too wrapped up in their own concerns.

He wept.

(My guess, people who rise to that level of leadership really believe nobody else could do as good a job as them. Even Jehovah himself. I bet Daniel never expected to be "in this system of things" this long. He never anticipated leaving behind such a great crowd of followers, shepherdless.)

• metatron
    metatron

Watchtower hierarchy and Bethel lurkers!

"And I, even I, hated all my hard work at which I was working hard under the sun, that I

would leave behind for the man who would come to be after me. And who is there

knowing whether he will prove to be wise or foolish? This too is vanity" Ecc. 2:18,19

Read and weep, Bethel! Witness kids today ARE THE LAST GENERATION OF

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. They will not fill your shoes. They will compromise.

They will 'drop the rope' and simply walk away.

metatron

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Personally I think Mr. Sydlik should be a bit worried. After all, the God he worships is one who zaps a guy for stretching out his hand to stop God's stuff falling to the ground. A bit of trying to be helpful and all that's left is a smoking grease stain

Not to hijack the thread, but this always troubled me. I know I would have done the same thing. It's an impulse...TO BE HELPFUL, for god's sake. When I see something about to fall, I don't think, "Hey, maybe someone else will rush right on in and get it before it hits the floor". I go for it.

Did this poor guy even have a chance to think, "Well, it's never happened before, but I'll bet if I just wait, an angel will step in and catch this".

The more I REALLY think, the less I think of the God of the OT. Although I must admit, I have never thought too much of him in the first place.

• jws
    jws

Crying or laughing hysterically? Sometimes the two can be hard to distinguish...

But seriously, of course he should thank them. That's where all the money comes from.

But crying on stage??? Seems like this guy's grip on things has started to slip. Did he actually give him a talk? Just how long do they let these old guys speak? I can't imagine them being mentally up to an hour talk - or even a half hour one. Or do they haul these guys out just for closing prayers these days?

• avishai
    avishai

What a wuss! Baby! Sissy! . Seriously, I would hope This asshole is crying for all the children who were raped due to the society. Crying because of the "great crowd". Yeah, right, & all the $$$$$ they bring in every year.

• Xena
    Xena

His prayer was thanking Jehovah for the other sheep
    class.

Yes I am sure he was..and weeping tears of joy for the built in workforce...the 2nd class citizens of dubdom without whom they would have no one to "rule" over.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Okay, so I know I won't be popular with this reply, but...

I always cried at assemblies, especially during the song right before the baptism. I mean, I really believed! And I think there are kind, good people in the organization who really believe and cry because it is such an emotional thing.

Okay, I'm ducking from all the irritated replies to my reply!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Hamas- Loved your comment. Yes, he would be perfect in Washington! Or, maybe making a sequel to 'Death to the Archbishops.' I'm so happy to hear that the stage is not dead, long live King Lear and the memories of Freddie Franz memorizing the Masoretic Text. These kids today are the result of Teenage Wasteland (The Who) - "they're all wasted," after having to fight for "their meals" new publications at assemblies - tired and worn out puppies. Anybody have a Hort & Westcott available?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

He was probably crying because the other sheep class isn't growing as much as it should. Donations are slipping. He can't make his boat payment. I would cry too!

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Anybody have a Hort & Westcott available?'

I ate it at coffee break. It went good w the expresso.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit