My Dead Mother Called Me This Morning!

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I woke up a little after 5 AM this morning and looked at the clock and realized I had more time to sleep so I fell right back asleep. I had this dream that I was letting my girlfriends dog out of her house and the next scene I was at work and I got a phone call. The room I was in simply had a table and phone it was very bare. I picked up the old white phone that I had and lo and behold I hear a voice that says hi how are you? Immediately I ask who is this? And the response Is “it’s your mother “. As soon as I heard her voice I thought it was her but I wanted confirmation. I had a feeling of glee excitement and joy that I cannot describe. Some of the sound was hard to decipher due to static. I kept telling her how happy I was that she called and to hear her voice again. She said I thought you might be happier that I was not around so that you could live your life. And I said I never felt that way I have always loved you and think about you ever day. She said good. I then asked her are you in heaven?? She answered ....nooo. Almost with a laugh but it felt like was far away because of the sound quality. She said ,ok I just wanted to see how you’re doing... and that was pretty much it. I very seldom remember my dreams but this one was so vivid and real. I just wanted to share it with you.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Was you aware you was dreaming at the time?

How did you feel when you woke up?

• minimus
    minimus

It felt very real and when I woke up I was alert and like I said felt a sense of happiness

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Im glad you had that experience and that it made you happy :) Interesting mom said she is not in heaven....i guess its your brain saying that? Maybe not!! Funny she laughed when she said that, eh?!! I always get so sad when i wake up after i dream about my grandparents...and realize they are not alive, but its still great to see them again. Wouldnt it be great if we could make ourselves dream about them...those loved one dreams are always vivid, i think its the emotion that makes it so.

So sorry about your mum, by the way :(

• LV101
    LV101

Minimus -- so interesting/complex how our love for ones close to our heart never dies.

I still dream about my grandparents but like Diogenesister upon awakening realize it isn't true.

Appreciate your share.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Awww that's so sweet Min - thanks for sharing!

My mum died in April 2004 and she hasn't called me once ... not once.

She's taking her sweet time ... what the fuck is she playing at?! XD

All the best my friend

LUHE

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks folks! I had a brief dream last year that she was smiling at me sitting on a park bench. She was a very ill person. She was a loving mother. But I must admit I would never take too much stock into this stuff but I’m more open minded than ever before.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Thats great! Im happy for you! And even happyer that you woke to feel the elation!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Interesting Minimus, thanks for sharing. l'm glad it made you happy.

• minimus
    minimus

I know many here do not believe in God or a here after but who really knows?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit