last convention before global attack on witnesses

by Phoebe 52 Replies latest jw friends

• dogon
    dogon

What your experiencing is exactly how the Dubbers designed it to work. When I left I looked at books critical of the tower as possible demon possessed. I would have to tell myself over and over that its BS. Its a ghost story they told me that is not true. I now have a Tarot card tattooed on my arm. I have yet to see a demon. I am old enough and sounds like you are also to remember the bull shit of the end is close in the 60s and Stay alive till 75 bull shit. I did witness one thing, that was people quitting jobs and moving out of the city waiting for the end. Then in 76 it was all our fault for reading too much into it. People had to scramble to try to survive. The Dubbers are using the court ruling in Russia as proof that Satan is attacking the Org. Well when the NSDAP did it in Germany in the 40s it was also the end. WW1 was the end. There is always something they can use to push the panic button. I can remember Floyd Patton now dead giving a talk in Vanderbuilt. It was the early 90s and Germany was being reunited. He was yammering on about how this is it folks. Peace and Security is being said right now. We don't have long. Well I don't know what he felt about long but he is some 15 years or more dead and his talks was some 25 years ago. So when you panic because of the mind control the dubbers used on you, just go over all the times they have fucked up on predictions. Never once being right. They are so fucked up that they have to keep quietly updating all their books. They can not go much past 10 years in the past literature or its out of date. They are worse than trying to use a 5yo computer.

• Perry
    Perry

Sorry to hear about all your anxiety Phoebe. You are in the process of jettisoning your faith in man-made organizations.

Over and over believers are asked to not put too much trust in men, but to direct it toward God:

Psalms 118:8 - [It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Jeremiah 17:5 - Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [be] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Psalms 118:8-9 - [It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Galatians 6:3 - For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Romans 13:8 - Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

2 Timothy 3:13-17 - But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Galatians 5:17 - For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

John 15:4 - Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

At first I went from trust in the organization to trusting in secular "experts". That lasted for about 8 years. Slowly I began to deal with my beliefs and ended up dealing with God on his terms- through Christ and none other.

Take your time. Do your homework. Relax. Have some fun.

• millie210
    millie210

Why do the Witnesses always forget their own timeline?

Before everything crashes there is supposed to be a cry of "peace and security"...

For people to be doing a shout out for peace and security there must actually be (at the very least) a widespread illusion of peace and security.

But no...the JWs rush from drama to dram declaring each one to be "IT".

It is very reminiscent of the fairy tale about Chicken Little and "the sky is falling" isnt it?

Hugs to you Phoebe and just have sympathy and a smile for the "alarm" generators in your life.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Some people are saying this is out last convention before a global attack on witnesses.'

SOS-JDD

Same Old Shit -- Just Different Day

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the last big assembly i attended--wembley london UK--was the last assembly before armageddon.

now---nearly 50 years later--i'm still waiting. i wish jehovah would get on with it...i'm beginning to lose my faith.

• TD
    TD

Phoebe,

Can anyone share their personal experience to help me?

For whatever it's worth - here's my advice
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Don't worry about anything that the brothers in New York have to say. They

• longgone
    longgone

Hugs to you Phoebe, you will heal from this! Many have as you see from the comments above.

I'm also on your journey, it's been a year last month. I'm still working to overcome the mind control. Especially the fear aspect of the FOG methods. I have no feelings or guilt or obligation, in fact the opposite. I'm relaxing and educating myself rather than wasting hours every week on that ridiculous "spiritual routine." You will too, it's great. But the fear, it's harder for me and it seems maybe that way for you too.

I really had a hard time with the Russian ban though, I actually got to thinking that it would happen here as well. What a stretch! Just because my name is still in the files in New York, I thought I'd be a target too. It went on for days, finally I talked with my daughter, a long time ex -jw. She reminded me of the very things this thread is about. We've been taught paranoia over things like this our entire life. For me even though I absolutely know the Watchtower is wrong, wrong wrong, it kicked in anyway. 😒

The programming runs deep through our minds. The set of lies that we've been taught is not only damaging intellectually but to our emotions as well. Including losing the mythical Paradise we hoped for. It's going to be alright, we'll​ get better little by little! Best wishes and love to you, pm me anytime if you like. We can share notes of our progress. 💙

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

"Some people are saying"

Some people have never proved to be reliable,

I recommend a book on Cognitive Behavorial Therapy,

Such as: Cognitive Behavorial Therapy for Dummies

Your library should have it,

Quite effective against anxiety,

All the best,

:0)

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Amen to dogon's post above. Exactly right! WT has used this tactic since the beginning of time (Wash, rinse, repeat). They use it because it works! They are desperate! They are scrambling because things are falling apart on them. They may not disappear but their numbers are reducing and so is their cash.

Most of our family knows we are out. They know we don't attend anymore but have decided not to address it with us. Why not? It's our very life that is at stake here! I'll tell you why...they know it is BS!

Keep up the fear WT, it may be the only thing you have left!

Phoebe...remember we were always taught not to fear MEN. Well WT is just that....MEN. Remember they are not inspired or infallible. In laymans terms..."we don't get voice messages, texts or emails from God and we F up." Hang in there and don't let these asshats get under your skin. Hugs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit