last convention before global attack on witnesses

by Phoebe 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

So it's not enough that I'm dealing with Post traumatic stress/Anxiety and panic attacks all related to my life as a JW (50 years baptized -- I stopped going a couple of months ago) at 3 a.m. I get an email from the other side of the world. 'You HAVE to go to the convention. Bro Sanderson says we must watch the news, things are happening. Some people are saying this is out last convention before a global attack on witnesses.'

Now as someone who is battling with leaving this 'organization' emails like that - in the middle of the night - freak me out.

I don't sleep and when I do, I have terrible nightmares. I've been brought up to have a hope for the future and a belief that my only way of survival is to be an active JW. But my life as a JW was a very unhappy one (with abuse both mental and sexual) and in some ways it's a relief to get out but losing that hope, that faith is painful to me. I can't get the fear and guilt out of my head and frightening emails in the middle of the night don't help.

Can anyone share their personal experience to help me?

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Sanderson says we must watch the news, things are happening

First bit of advice: don't read your emails in the middle of the night.

You are suffering from an induced phobia. But the good news is that you are literally afraid of nothing! Think about that long and hard.

The WTBTS has proved that they don't know what they are talking about. They've been wrong about everything for centuries.

Sanderson is right. Things are happening. Some are bad, but most are good.

FACT: this is the best time to be alive in all of human history.

You will get better!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi Phoebe,

Sorry to hear that this takes such an emotional toil on you.

The first thing to really work on is recognising the FOG principle. That stands for FEAR, OBLIGATION & GUILT.

This FOG tactic is used to try and keep you captive to the society.

ONLY you can allow yourself to let go of that hold they have on you. Genuine, thorough research into the society, its origins and teachings will be the key. Go to jwfacts.com as a start.

Sincere love to you. You are NOT alone. We are all here with you.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Thank you stuckinarut2 and jp1692

I appreciate your kind words. I know you are both right, it's just getting that into my stupid head!!!!

I won't look at emails in the middle of the night and I'm now heading over to jwfacts.com

Thanks.

xxx

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Mark Sanderson is, by his own admission, neither inspired nor infallible.

"Some people are saying this is out last convention before a global attack on witnesses."

I heard this in 1989, 1990, 1993, 1995, 2000, 2010 and again in 2016.

Keep calm and carry on.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda
    I appreciate your kind words. I know you are both right, it's just getting that into my stupid head!!!!

Phoebe sweetie: Your head is not stupid; you are an amazing person that realized you were in a cult and are getting out mentally. It is difficult, it will be a tug of war in your mind for a while, and then you will see through it all. Then you will get out spiritually, emotionally, and dear god hopefully physically.

Congrats and I agree with jp1692 to stay away from scary emails in the middle of the night.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

last convention before global attack on witnesses

I`ve been to lots of those..

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

My sincere advise is, read a lot about the doomsday cults in History. This "End of Day" panic alarm has happened thousands of times in history, by various christian denominations. Nothing happened and we are still here. Educate yourself about this universe and its REAL history. This planet will survive all along, unless destroyed by mankind or by any astronomical Disaster, like the hit of an asteroid. Religions want to control you through FEAR. Become immune to it.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Yes, every year they imply that that convention or memorial may be the last one...

Every convention hits the drum of something like "we are in the last days of the last days", "the end is imminent", ect... and it has been so for over a hundred years.

• gonzobear
    gonzobear

I used to have similar panics and fears, and didn't have nearly as many years to unpick/unlearn. One thing that really helped me was to actively disprove everything I'd been taught to believe was true. Once you can work out they aren't right then they can't be right about the end of the system either. It takes time and effort to unprogramme the lies, but it's possible. Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit