AND STILL NO RELEASE OF THE 2017 JW YEARBOOK

by steve2 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's either an overlapping book or they're not releasing it because Armageddon(tm) is just about to ruin it all.

• steve2
    steve2

Sure, Jw org comments on the likely "calibre" of those partaking - but (and this is the point I made) the organization has never once acknowledged the number of partakers had been increasing over several consecutive years. Up, up and up.

Yes, a sly dig here or there questioning some partakers - but never a direct reference to their increasing number.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey steve2

Sure, Jw org comments on the likely "calibre" of those partaking - but (and this is the point I made) the organization has never once acknowledged the number of partakers had been increasing over several consecutive years. Up, up and up.

Yes, a sly dig here or there questioning some partakers - but never a direct reference to their increasing number.

Hmm, a bit of post-truth again I think?

Embrassingingly the WT has.

Watchtower 1 August 1996

Questions From Readers: The reports for some years show that the number partaking of the Memorial emblems increased slightly. Does this suggest that many new ones are being anointed with holy spirit?

The most recent published report is for the year 1995, and it shows 28 more partakers than in the preceding year.

Link to scans

• steve2
    steve2

Oh, I did not know there was a direct reference to this. Yet, please note it's from over 20 years ago - it acknowledges a "slight" increase. Hmmmm. But nothing in recent years whrn the increases in partakers have been substantial. Stay tuned for the increase in 2016.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey steve2!

Oh, I did not know there was a direct reference to this. Yet, please note it's from over 20 years ago - it acknowledges a "slight" increase.

Yeah, exactly, which makes it even more embarrassing considering the recent larger increases!!!

Did you also note one of the lines of reasoning that the WT took back then?

The most recent published report is for the year 1995, and it shows 28 more partakers than in the preceding year though the ratio of partakers to those attending did actually drop.

Link to scans

Interesting? WT picks up on the decreasing ratio, or proportion of partakers - I think comparing that ratio to average publishers would be 'more accurate' though?

So, I did some quick basic number crunching - and I mean quick, I've not double-checked my maths, apologies for any errors.

I'll let you make your own observations, I just thought it was interesting.

Average 7,987,279 = 1-in-526 partook
    Attendance: 19,862,783 = 1-in-1,308
    Partakers: 15,177

Average: 7,867,958 = 1-in-557
    Partakers: 14,121

Average: 7,224,930 = 1-in-644
    Partakers: 11,202

Average: 5,783,003 = 1-in-667
    Partakers: 8,661

Average: 4,950,344 = 1-in-572
    Attendance: 13,147,201 = 1-in-1,520
    Partakers: 8,645

Average: 4,695,111 = 1-in-544
    Attendance: 12,288,917 = 1-in-1,426
    Partakers: 8,617

Average: 3,846,311 = 1-in-433
    Partakers: 8,869

Average: 2,175,403 = 1-in-227
    Partakers: 9,564

Average: 1,384,782 = 1-in-131
    Partakers: 10,526

• Simon
    Simon
    I've not double-checked my maths, apologies for any errors.

No. If you make a single error we should harp on about it and claim you are totally discredited.

You still here?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

haha, seriously, please do! Crossing the t's and dotting the i's is important.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ds: Interesting? WT picks up on the decreasing ratio, or proportion of partakers - I think comparing that ratio to average publishers would be 'more accurate' though?

No. It is not "more accurate".

The partakers are based on an actual Biblical number - not a ratio. The partakers are members of an actual numbered group - they are not based on a ratio of partakers per membership. That has never been part of the doctrinal equation.

You calculations are redundant and meaningless when discussing increase/decrease of partakers

• fukitol
    fukitol

The Watchtower 1/15/2000 p.13 “Six Convincing Lines of Evidence” that we are in the Last Days.

Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Orphan Crow's point about the par takers being based on an actual Biblical number is interesting. WT insists this a finite number.

There were 12 people who claimed to be anointed in my congregation 50 years ago. They all "died faithful" many years ago, of old age, of old age.

I am also pretty sure that all the 52,000 people counted as partakers in the 1935 yearbook are dead. It is quite possible that more than 144,000 have already been counted as JW partakers in the past 140 years. That would not even leave enough room for the 12 apostles, much less the 1 million Christians estimated in the Roman Empire in the first century.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit