AND STILL NO RELEASE OF THE 2017 JW YEARBOOK

by steve2 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I predict the real growth is in Africa, far, far away from the Interweb....

DD

• steve2
    steve2

Again, as with the more recent years of consecutive increases, not one direct word in Jw publications will comment on the dramatic increase in the total number of memorial partakers. I understand from an earlier thread, that the 2016 increase in partakers is the largest increase in sharp contrast to decades of "predicted" decreases.

The amazing thing is their continued reporting of the partakers-increases, along with the lack of direct commentary on it.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate
    Again, as with the more recent years of consecutive increases, not one direct word in Jw publications will comment on the dramatic increase in the total number of memorial partakers. I understand from an earlier thread, that the 2016 increase in partakers is the largest increase in sharp contrast to decades of "predicted" decreases.
    The amazing thing is their continued reporting of the partakers-increases, along with the lack of direct commentary on it.

Didn't they say that not all of these people were really anointed and that many of these people have a mental disturbance or emotional imbalance which caused them to think that they are anointed.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Yeah they've had to come up with a lot of excuses. First it was "these new partakers are filling the slots taken by people who were anointed but stopped being JWs. That didn't fly because man, that's a LOT of old anointed dudes leaving the org.

Then they spun it into 'a lot of the partakers are crazy.' that is even worse because what does that say for the org when there's THAT many crazy dudes.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What would they do if everyone partook? Now that's a memorial I would love to be at!

Sort of like a memorial partaker flash mob.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

It arrived right on time but it's visible to only the discerning eye

• blondie
    blondie

This is how the WTS has been handling it. In the places where the number of partakers are listed, do they list the previous years numbers there as well? If not, many jws are not number conscious, if it is not in a study article, they are likely not read it.

Where they have made comments about the seeming increase, no numbers are listed in that material. The reader has to do a little research to get the larger picture.

Thirdly, the WTS has buried the comments where they said that jws know the end is near because the number of partakers has been increasing every year.

So newer jws have fewer expectations that there should be a decrease.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think you are correct ttdtt. I think the world is increasing at 1.3%. So they basically spent a couple billion hours just to maintain those born into the religion.

• skimthesurface
    skimthesurface

Loved the sarcasm, SWT

• freddo
    freddo

Wednesday 29th December 2016 GB meeting.

Losch: "Ve must get ze yaaarbook on zer jborg, it is vot ve do."

Lett: (Gurning) "Brrrp ding whoo! Whoo! I agree!"

Tomo3: "We can't publish the numbers! It's GOT to make me look good (like my sons do!)"

Jackson: "Look guys - if we publish the numbers as they are we will show a 0.5% decrease; we know that some of the shut-ins spoke to somebody in the last six months, why don't we add those in? Can't you come up with something Splaney?"

Xplain: "Evidently we could assume that ... if we assume that just one inactive shut in per congregation spoke to someone that would give us (scratches on paper with pencil) ... 130,000 multiplied by 1 = err, umm ..."

Lett: "Yuk yuk! Bingo! (Eyes bulge and jaw drops as he raises a finger) A hundred and thirty thousand!"

Sanderson: Why not round it up to 144,000!? That's a Theocratic number. Add it on and we'll have about 8.3 million so about .5% increase!

Tomo3: Then we spread it across just the western world to hide their decreases! All in favour say "Aye!"

All: "Aye!" "

Tomo3: "And we'll publish first week in January!"

Lett: (Smiles stupidly and nods vigorously.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit